Do bent CPU pins prevent power on?

I have no idea if this board dead. I've tried every combination of supplying power and including or excluding video card/CPU/RAM.

What are some ways to test if a board is dead?

Don't talk about stale memes.

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes, don't put a cpu in a bent pin mobo, try to bend the pin back into place. 

No I'm asking how to test if it's dead when the pins are/were bent. Do leave the CPU in? Do I take it out? Is it impossible until the pins are corrected?

1 minute ago, Acorn Eyes said:

No I'm asking how to test if it's dead when the pins are/were bent. Do leave the CPU in? Do I take it out? Is it impossible until the pins are corrected?

bend the pin back into place and put in a cpu. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

bend the pin back into place and put in a cpu. 

You didn't answer my question. Can I test if it's dead when the pins are possibly bent?

Through all the combinations, the power supply fan never turned on.

You didn't answer my question. Can I test if it's dead when the pins are possibly bent?

Through all the combinations, the power supply fan never turned on.

the psu is the problem, even if the mobo pin if bent if you pit them back into place it should work. 

Is this really a nessesary question? There is a reason why there are pins on the cpu/socket. If they are bent and not working there is a problem

the psu is the problem, even if the mobo pin if bent if you pit them back into place it should work. 

The PSU is not the problem. It works in my current PC just fine.

The PSU is not the problem. It works in my current PC just fine.

if your PSU doesn't turn in its the problem. 

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

Is this really a nessesary question? There is a reason why there are pins on the cpu/socket. If they are bent and not working there is a problem

It is a necessary question because the person who sold me the board only said that the CPU pins are bent and a PCI-E bracket is broken. 

Turns out the RAM bracket is also broken off and the board is possibly dead.

if your PSU doesn't turn in its the problem. 

No because the motherboard isn't telling the PSU to start supplying power to it.

I don't know if it's because I need a CPU inside it or not.

2 minutes ago, Acorn Eyes said:

No because the motherboard isn't telling the PSU to start supplying power to it.

I don't know if it's because I need a CPU inside it or not.

yes you need a cpu inside 

20 minutes ago, Acorn Eyes said:

I have no idea if this board dead. I've tried every combination of supplying power and including or excluding video card/CPU/RAM.

What are some ways to test if a board is dead?

What board?

You will kill the board if they are power and ground pins. I'd suggest you try to bend them back first.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What board?

Z97s krait sli

5 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

What CPU/motherboard? What RAM? 

i5 4670k/z97s krait sli

DDR3 1600Mhz

15 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What board?

According to this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/135773-msi-z170a-z170-krait-gaming-motherboard-wont-post-cpu-and-dram-debug-led-blinking-back-and-forth

The fans should turn on regardless if the CPU is plugged in or not (RAM interfering with the CPU).

I'm pretty sure I'm hearing an electrical whir coming from the board when the supply is off and plugged in.

My question is why buy a board that you knew was damaged ahead of time? If it has damage and you're having issues, the board is likely dead. If you have bent pins in an LGA socket, you likely won't get any activity and if you do, you run the risk of destroying both the cpu and the board if it did work.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

2 minutes ago, Krillingt75961 said:

My question is why buy a board that you knew was damaged ahead of time? If it has damage and you're having issues, the board is likely dead. If you have bent pins in an LGA socket, you likely won't get any activity and if you do, you run the risk of destroying both the cpu and the board if it did work.

It's only $30 and PayPal is so shitty, I could get a refund for the smallest thing (for example seller didn't mention a broke RAM bracket(.