Kizuna Ai Virtual AI Youtuber

dragoon20005

I was browsing my Facebook feed and my friends shared a video of this character playing a game.

Then i found out that the character by the name of Kizuna Ai is actually an AI and has her own Youtube page and a Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/aichan_nel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4YaOt1yT-ZeyB0OmxHgolA

2 months since her first video and her subs have shot up to 60K and 11k followers

She def a cute girl and i am sure her fame will continue to rise as more know about her.

Lots of her fan base comes from Korea

Wow a damn cute youtuber i say.

And she plays games and a few VR games too.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

5 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Hallo

what happen to our anime/manga users?

seems kinda quiet

I wonder if the ai can handle copyright claims.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

3 hours ago, malon said:

I wonder if the ai can handle copyright claims.

She was really sad when she was reported and temp banned from youtube. All because of the word naked which she spoke on one of the earlier episode.

I wont be surprised Kizuna may surpass stinking PewDiePie in a few years time. She just hit 70k fans on youtube and 12k followers on twitter from 60k and 11k since yesterday.

Not an AI. If it is, its annunciation is fucking flawless. Watching the VR game plays the movement is too human in nature to be an AI. It is just a person pretending to be an AI with the help of software similar to Facerig.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

2 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Not an AI. If it is, its annunciation is fucking flawless. Watching the VR game plays the movement is too human in nature to be an AI. It is just a person pretending to be an AI with the help of software similar to Facerig.

I highly doubt it human controlling Kizuna. Sure the initial programing, modelling and voice over could be modeled after a real person. But AI natural language is getting better. Look at Siri, Google now and Cortana which we use. There is a form of AI behind them.

3 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

I highly doubt it human controlling Kizuna. Sure the initial programing, modelling and voice over could be modeled after a real person. But AI natural language is getting better. Look at Siri, Google now and Cortana which we use. There is a form of AI behind them.

Won't a virtual A.I. need a physical body to play virtual reality games? I mean, that does take out the "reality" part of it...

~meOw! Σ:3

4 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

But I think a decent amount of it is automated responses. Basically, a bunch of similar phrases will get the same response. It doesn't actually *think*, that's just the automated reaction. 

Speak no of which, is this thing a true AI? 

- snip-

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

But I think a decent amount of it is automated responses. Basically, a bunch of similar phrases will get the same response. It doesn't actually *think*, that's just the automated reaction. 

Speak no of which, is this thing a true AI? 

There was a 4 part video of the interview done by an actual nerd aka VR uncle. It dont look pre recorded and you can clearly see how jagged the guy model is vs Kizuna.

9 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

There was a 4 part video of the interview done by an actual nerd aka VR uncle. It dont look pre recorded and you can clearly see how jagged the guy model is vs Kizuna.

After a quick google search, I was able to find a page, albiet in Indonisian, that explains everything.

Ai Kizuna character itself has an official website. On the site, explained that Kizuna Ai made using a 3D model of the application system MMD combined with face detection and motion capture.

It is still unclear who is the voice of Kizuna Ai.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=http://teknologi.metrotvnews.com/poptech/nbwe9dxK-kizuna-ai-youtuber-virtual-yang-sedang-gemparkan-dunia-maya&prev=search

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, DragonTamer1 said:

yea i can tell it using Facerig for the face expression capture here.

I still wonder if MMD was the original source or they use the models from MMD

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1594083

some dumbasses calling me a troll saying this is not an AI

are they living in the 1980s?

2 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

yea i can tell it using Facerig for the face expression capture here.

I still wonder if MMD was the original source or they use the models from MMD

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1594083

some dumbasses calling me a troll saying this is not an AI

are they living in the 1980s?

There is a download page on the official site with the texture files needed to recreate the character.

Just now, DragonTamer1 said:

There is a download page on the official site with the texture files needed to recreate the character.

i see it but i dont have the MMD application :(

1 minute ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

Not an AI, it's actually someone cosplaying as an AI program. They did a very good job too, it was very convincing.

i understand some may not agree on my view but it pisses me off for calling me a troll.

i only just sharing interesting stuffs and my views and how i interpret the things i have seen

Having watched her play Super Hot for a while, I'm tempted to agree that Ai Kizuna is not an AI.  When an AI has found a succesful strategy for completing a level, it has no reason to deviate from that strategy if it recognizes that it's playing that level again. 

Yet whenever Ai dies and has to replay a level, she says she recognizes it and then plays it differently than the previous times.  Sometimes with a different strategy, sometimes she just misses shots that she made before. 

With regards to those shots she misses, it looks to me like her eye-hand coordination isn't as good as you'd expect from an AI.  It's more on the level of human beings. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Having watched her play Super Hot for a while, I'm tempted to agree that Ai Kizuna is not an AI.  When an AI has found a succesful strategy for completing a level, it has no reason to deviate from that strategy if it recognizes that it's playing that level again. 

Yet whenever Ai dies and has to replay a level, she says she recognizes it and then plays it differently than the previous times.  Sometimes with a different strategy, sometimes she just misses shots that she made before. 

With regards to those shots she misses, it looks to me like her eye-hand coordination isn't as good as you'd expect from an AI.  It's more on the level of human beings. 

interesting view, but i guess the programmer intended that the AI to behave just like a human being. if its too smart and just breeze thur the game. I guess nobody will be interested in watching an AI youtuber.

first time i ever heard of a virtual youtuber.

All Youtubers are virtual because we watch their videos on YouTube which is a virtual website on the internet. So Kizuna Ai can not be an AI otherwise every other YouTuber would be AI as well but I have met Markiplier in real life before.

Feels like shes using facerig with a bit more capture field but i haven't seen that been done yet since it only copies the hole head movement and facial expressions and lip sync but most of her vids looks exactly like it would have been recorded with facerig or something very similar since it is a real person using an animated avatar to copy her movements and expressions and such. I would like to see how she looks like irl if any1 has a video of her or did she start off with kizuna from the get-go?  Cause such smooth voice and variation is just way to much work to be able to do without a screen capture of a real person. 

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

Someone on reddit did some research and stumble upon this http://mikumikudance.wikia.com/wiki/Kizuna_AI_(Tomitake) , basically her 3D model for downloading along with term of use. The link also appear on her website too

What's to be noted here is that her model is classified as a MMD model. To those who dont know MMD (full name MikuMikuDance) is originally a program created specifically so people can animate the vocaloid Hatsune Miku, with people later on import their own model and do animation with it. And so according to the detail of the model it seem like there's a company behind Kizuna AI who do all the work with motion for her. 

As far as the voice goes, it's either a hand crafted synthesis voice like other vocaloid, or some voice actor completely voice her IMO, cause there's alot of vocaloid song with lyrics that on par with normal speech. Her face most of the time should be something like Live2D? it seem to do a decent job capture her expression, but Live2D dont capture motion other than just the face, so her movement itself is either animated via MMD or use some sort of motion capture, like a Kinect or something more advance? cause there was a video of her playing SuperHot and her movement seem to be pretty natural

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

How does one create an A.I. to actively learn game objectives without hard-coding it in?

~meOw! Σ:3