What to do about defective PG278Q?

Get-In-Da-Robot

So after initially replacing this monitor a bunch of times after I bought it due to pixel defects, I finally got a good one. Now, a little over a year since I've had it, I'm running into an issue where the screen flashes/flickers at 144hz. I've done all types of troubleshooting: replacing displayport cables, rolling back drivers, turning off g-sync, nothing works. The only thing that fixes the issue is dropping the frame rate below 144hz but then I get blurry text. I didn't have to look far to find that this is a common issue with this model. I already contacted customer service explaining my situation and asking them to replace it with the refresh since I had given this model enough chances, to which they replied they don't do model exchanges. I'm sick of running into issues with this monitor; how can I get Asus to fix this without sending me another broken model?

Here's a video I took of the problem, hopefully you can make it out: https://youtu.be/hIFzwuBNMMM

Here's another guy with the same exact problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syow...el=LucasBurson

He says in the comments that he had to keep RMA-ing before Asus sent him the newer model and he hasn't had any issues since. I just want to skip the bull**** and start with the solution that has the least likelihood of failure and one that'll waste less of my and Asus' time...

monitor replacements.JPG

common issue.JPG

Customer Service response.JPG

I'm contacting Asus since it's a little over a year since I bought the monitor. Should I be contacting Newegg even though it's well past their return policy? Also the second video didn't seem to work so here's the video of another person having the issue:  

14 minutes ago, Get-In-Da-Robot said:

I'm contacting Asus since it's a little over a year since I bought the monitor. Should I be contacting Newegg even though it's well past their return policy? Also the second video didn't seem to work so here's the video of another person having the issue:  

Erm you should've been contacting newegg the whole time...

It dosen't matter if asus manufactured the monitor, if newegg is the one re selling it they are responsible for it.

I think its too late now but wron't hurt to try

13 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Erm you should've been contacting newegg the whole time...

It dosen't matter if asus manufactured the monitor, if newegg is the one re selling it they are responsible for it.

I think its too late now but wron't hurt to try

I just figured they'd direct me straight to Asus. Mind you it wasn't exhibiting this issue the whole time I'd had it, just fairly recently.

You should have a few year warranty on it. I just replaced mine a few months back because the G-Sync went out on it and distorted the text and next day monitor had a solid white screen. I did an advanced RMA because I didn't want the same monitor repaired and sent back. Took ASUS almost 3 months to send me one and probably 6 hours on the phone. Be warned they are a horrible company when doing advanced RMA's. They tried sending me a $300 monitor as a replacement for the Swift and when I declined they cancelled the RMA. 

20 minutes ago, FluffyNuggets said:

You should have a few year warranty on it. I just replaced mine a few months back because the G-Sync went out on it and distorted the text and next day monitor had a solid white screen. I did an advanced RMA because I didn't want the same monitor repaired and sent back. Took ASUS almost 3 months to send me one and probably 6 hours on the phone. Be warned they are a horrible company when doing advanced RMA's. They tried sending me a $300 monitor as a replacement for the Swift and when I declined they cancelled the RMA. 

That's what I'm afraid of... I've heard so many nightmare stories about Asus customer service. It's almost like their treatment of customers is a scare tactic to make you keep their broken shit.

Are they really that bad with support I might have to return my pg279 as well. I bought it from Amazon so I much rather deal with them if that's the case. 

11 hours ago, Dunkypuncb said:

Are they really that bad with support I might have to return my pg279 as well. I bought it from Amazon so I much rather deal with them if that's the case. 

I've yet to fully deal with them, but I haven't found an ounce of good accounts about their customer support.

Well turns out my monitor is fine so I won't have to deal with them lol. 

3 hours ago, Dunkypuncb said:

Well turns out my monitor is fine so I won't have to deal with them lol. 

WELL ISN'T THAT DANDY FOR YOU