Custom loop. Why are my temperatures so awful?!

So my custom loop is:

XSPC Twin Pump/Reservoir (Two D5 Pumps 5.25" Reservoir)

1x 360MM XSPC RX360 Radiator  (In Pull with SP120's)

1x 240mm XSPC RX240 Radiator  (In Pull with SP120's)

Cooling:

I7-4790k at stock speeds, 1.2v with an XSPC Raystorm Pro waterblock

EVGA 1080 Hydro Copper running at 2088mhz

Loop order (if it even matters) is

Res -> 240mm -> GPU -> 360mm -> Through motherboard bridge (for the looks) -> CPU -> Res

Ambient temperature in this room is on the cooler side (21-22 celcius).

Idle temperatures are:

29c for GPU

33c for CPU

GPU idle is fine.  Off the bat I feel like my CPU idle is a little high but obviously nothing to be worried about.  Problem is when I start putting some stress on my computer.

So just typical gaming temps after 30 minutes of gameplay are:

44c for GPU

54c for CPU

GPU seems a little high but it's the CPU temperature that is really starting to annoy me.  I have reseated the CPU block multiple times.  I spent the entire week bleeding the system for any possible air bubbles.  Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?  I recently went from 3 highly overclocked 980's to one 1080 and changed the order loop.  I thought my CPU temps would shoot down a lot after this change but they haven't changed at all.

A. I changed CPU waterblocks a while back and there was absolutely no difference in temp changes

B. Is it possible running the loop through the motherboard doing something? Ruining water flow or something?  Would have to drain the whole system and change loop so would like to get an opinion on that first

C. Is it possible it's the actual motherboard I am using?  Creating more heat or something?  

That seems to be a perfectly fine temp for that loop and setup. Thats only a delta of about 15 degrees for the CPU

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

5 minutes ago, Moress said:

That seems to be a perfectly fine temp for that loop and setup. Thats only a delta of about 15 degrees for the CPU

Hmm you think?  I am shocked at it always being above 50c without any overclock (it's actually undervolted a bit).  My only other experience with watercooling was on my i5-3570k and that would always hover in the low-mid 40's even with a very high overclock.

Hovering at 55c I feel like I have almost no overclocking headroom because I don't want it to leave the 60's.  Am I just being too anal about my temps?  

The idle temp for my loop whit one 360mm radiator is

CPU Intel core i7- 6850k at. 4100MHz :34°c

GPU nvidia 1080(stock) :37°c

So I would not wurry if the blocks weren't seated properly you would see temp much higher

Full stress test CPU:62°c. GPU:55°c.

6 hours ago, DreamAgainXI said:

-snip-

That's similar to what I see with a similar setup.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I agree, those temps are very nice, I would be very happy if I had those temps. I'm around 35-40C idle for GPU/CPU for ambient temps being around 21-23C.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

I have about the same loop as you with about the same components as you, and I have the exact same temps. 55c on a CPU under stress is very good. The real difference is you COULD overclock and overvolt and the temps wont rise (to a certain extant)

(fyi I'm running a 6700K @4.7GHz 1.38V and a gtx 1080 G1 gaming @2050MHz 108% power limit, and I have the same radiator space, though mine have a low count of fin per inch (17), and they are slim)

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

Same temps on my rig with the same CPU @ 4.7. I'm using a 360 & 280 but the system has 8 blocks in it cooling almost everything. 

I wouldn't worry about the temps right now. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I offer this as a layout to ponder.

WC101-4.fw.png

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

On 2/21/2017 at 8:42 PM, DreamAgainXI said:

44c for GPU

54c for CPU

Now compare to original setup with air cooling,

74c for GPU

64c for GPU

If you think 15C extra is high, then 45C extra with air cooling must be the end of the world because obviously it's triple that so its high, HIgher, HIGHest!