When video games have "Mircotranastions"

Dormant God

I mean come on 100 bucks there is nothing "Mirco" about it

Please @Dormant God or quote me if you want me to see your message/reply

Custom PC Specs
Custom PC Build: (CPU) i7-6700k (MotherBoard) GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX (RAM) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4/3000MHz (GPU) MSI GTX 1080 (Case) Crystal 570X RGB (Storage) 1 TB HDD from Seagate

But people keep throwing money at the devs regardless. It's ridiculous how much "micro"transactions have grown over the course of 5 years. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Yep and don't even start on ubisofts new game For honor I mean seriously 

Please @Dormant God or quote me if you want me to see your message/reply

Custom PC Specs
Custom PC Build: (CPU) i7-6700k (MotherBoard) GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX (RAM) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4/3000MHz (GPU) MSI GTX 1080 (Case) Crystal 570X RGB (Storage) 1 TB HDD from Seagate

My opinion on it depends on the game. Many games use them as a form of pay to win. Others not so much. ESO has micro transactions but are pretty much only cosmetic and won't benefit you in the grand scheme of things. World of Warships has ships that you can only buy with real money and some have arguably better stats (there are a lot of bad ones too) but any decent player can easily counter them.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

It's fine as long as it's optional. For example League and yugioh duel links.  

22 hours ago, Dormant God said:

*Micro.

Also, your title has the same typo.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Over 900$ can be spend on For Honor. Thats pathetic. I will not buy this Game because of that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

a lot of mobile games use this method to earn revenue.

*cough* Clash of Clan and Candy Crush  *cough*

and worst part is when the account is linked to your credit card like in the case of the Appstore asking for your credit card.

Maple Story and other online MMORPG have "microtransaction" in a form of Gacha or Lucky Chest 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Micro transactions for cosmetic things like skins and customization are fine. 

I own For Honor and I've seen the complaints but I guess I havent figured out enough about the game to know what's good and whats bad. (I also am really starting to hate season passes)

Overwatch is a game that got it right. Yes there are technically micro transactions but its ONLY for aesthetic purposes. AND FREE DLC FOR LIFE. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

54 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Micro transactions for cosmetic things like skins and customization are fine. 

I own For Honor and I've seen the complaints but I guess I havent figured out enough about the game to know what's good and whats bad. (I also am really starting to hate season passes)

Overwatch is a game that got it right. Yes there are technically micro transactions but its ONLY for aesthetic purposes. AND FREE DLC FOR LIFE. 

Overwatch is no where near the first one. CS:GO and TF2 had micro transactions that did not improve gameplay at all.

13 hours ago, Dormant God said:

$100 in one transaction is macro transactions. $100 over $1 payments I'd call a micro transaction. Because you could have chosen to spend at minimum $1 or $2000.

Don't talk about stale memes.

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

you're

pls

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

14 hours ago, Fungal said:

It's fine as long as it's optional. For example League and yugioh duel links.  

Holy moly, there is a YuGiOh mobile game. Why didn't anyone tell me about this.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

2 hours ago, Acorn Eyes said:

Overwatch is no where near the first one. CS:GO and TF2 had micro transactions that did not improve gameplay at all.

$100 in one transaction is macro transactions. $100 over $1 payments I'd call a micro transaction. Because you could have chosen to spend at minimum $1 or $2000.

Micro transactions that don't change game play are the best. You shouldn't be able to pay2win

- snip-

1 minute ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Micro transactions that don't change game play are the best. You shouldn't be able to pay2win

Imo fps shooters shouldn't have barriers at all.

Take battlefield for example. Hate that game because you get shitty weapons that only become better by wasting time in the game.

Don't talk about stale memes.

8 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

pls

fixed

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Microtransactions... If I'm going to use that as an indie developer, I'd use that sparingly, usually only for developer support or donor-exclusive content only for challenge and lore seekers. And likely make it free to distribute to others at bearer's discretion, at which a single universal decryption key would be used to unlock the content.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

7 hours ago, CaptainGazzz said:

Holy moly, there is a YuGiOh mobile game. Why didn't anyone tell me about this.

Yeah lol it's a lot of fun. They practically give you tons of free gems when the servers are down too

Microtransactions in a full priced game is just not on. Perfectly acceptable on free to download games by indie studies than need that cash to survive,  but when large multinationals refuse to take their hands off your pocket, I object.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)