Razer vs logitech, I need a new mouse!

Ok so the time has come to buy a new mouse since my gf's Razer naga is dying and I’m giving her my naga epic.

I've been a razer user for a long time (On the go i use my orochi, at home I had a mamba that died and now I'm using a naga epic) but I'm not sure if i should stay with razer after watching the LTT reviews on the Logitech g900, so i have come here for the consumer advice that only LTT Forum can give.

What mice should be the new king? Should i just go and get a new razer naga epic chroma or should i give in and get the g900? Is there another contestant that is worth considering?

So many questions...

Help me my brothers, I'm in great doubt!

Oh before I forget, I will be using it mainly for gaming and video editing.

2 minutes ago, Baconbh8 said:

Oh before I forget, I will be using it mainly for gaming and video editing.

if you edit videos as a main task get a mx masters. 

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

g900

that's a good mouse for both 

42 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Mx Master all day.

For gaming? are you stoned?

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

For gaming? are you stoned?

Yah. Unless you're some sort of professional gamer, you don't need a mouse that weighs 7 grams. The MX is heavy, solid and extremely comfortable for large hands. Plus there's no wires, a side scroll wheel and a couple programmable buttons.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

3 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Yah. Unless you're some sort of professional gamer, you don't need a mouse that weighs 7 grams. The MX is heavy, solid and extremely comfortable for large hands. Plus there's no wires, a side scroll wheel and a couple programmable buttons.

The imput delay on bluetooth and over wireless. Its also expensive. G503 Proteus Spectrum is a perfect all round mouse at the same price, with a better sensor and more buttons

Also not once did he say my hands are big

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

The imput delay on bluetooth and over wireless. Its also expensive. G503 Proteus Spectrum is a perfect all round mouse at the same price, with a better sensor and more buttons

Input delay is almost nothing, and isn't noticeable below 120Hz, and your monitor likely adds as much anyway. Cost is totally relative and people often do more than one thing on a PC, so a mouse that's not super gaming focussed is good.

How many buttons do you need anyway? I never really got that. I have two that I use, aside from the main ones, for volume control. And that's it. Plus the ability to easily switch over to my laptop, and use it in public without being embarrassed by flashing lights and "gamer" design

Input delay is almost nothing, and isn't noticeable below 120Hz, and your monitor likely adds as much anyway. Cost is totally relative and people often do more than one thing on a PC, so a mouse that's not super gaming focussed is good.

How many buttons do you need anyway? I never really got that. I have two that I use, aside from the main ones, for volume control. And that's it. Plus the ability to easily switch over to my laptop, and use it in public without being embarrassed by flashing lights and "gamer" design

MMO needs more than fps, but recommending a productivity mouse for gaming is a no go

2 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

MMO needs more than fps, but recommending a productivity mouse for gaming is a no go

Only if you're playing competitive games. If you're playing GTA, Watch Dogs or anything that doesn't require ultra fast, twitch sensitivity, any mouse will do. I find build quality, feel and comfort are more important than some fancy sensor.

8 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Only if you're playing competitive games. If you're playing GTA, Watch Dogs or anything that doesn't require ultra fast, twitch sensitivity, any mouse will do. I find build quality, feel and comfort are more important than some fancy sensor.

but he doesnt state which games he will be playing? so therefore you recommend him a good all round mouse? its how life works?

17 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Input lag is a BIG NO for me, I only use my naga epic wired because I can notice A LOT of input lag (not to mention the lack of precision) when running wireless, also having more buttons on a mouse is a good thing, you can bind them to macros or even tools inside premiere, don't be so quick to dismiss the usefullness of more buttons they exist for a reason...

10 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

but he doesnt state which games he will be playing? so therefore you recommend him a good all round mouse? its how life works?

I recommended the best mouse I've used, but OP may choose another option, it's just an opinion after all.

I recommended the best mouse I've used, but OP may choose another option, it's just an opinion after all.

The MX Master is a great mouse, I actually used to have one at my last job, it's just not the right tool for the job in this situation since i play a lot o fast paced FPS and some MOBA that require a level of precision and speed it cannot deliver, for the GTA and watchdogs i actually prefer the Xbox one controller

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

1 hour ago, Baconbh8 said:

The MX Master is a great mouse, I actually used to have one at my last job, it's just not the right tool for the job in this situation since i play a lot o fast paced FPS and some MOBA that require a level of precision and speed it cannot deliver, for the GTA and watchdogs i actually prefer the Xbox one controller

I own a MX Master and its beautiful, its ergonomics and other features are insane, but for gaming, not so much.

G502 Proteus Spectrum FTW

Best mouse I have ever used by far.  I have two; one at work and one for personal use.  Very comfortable once you get used to it.  I use it for some CAD stuff I do on the side, and my hand never hurts.  Ever.  My CS:GO flick shots have improved tenfold, so that's something that a Razer Deathadder wouldn't do for me.

Linus has reviewed this mouse(well the core version-same thing but no RGB) and he likes it.

It would be nice to know what kind of grip you have.  I have a weird palm and claw grip thing(palm touches mouse, but fingers are like a claw grip would be).

Used to have the g502 but changed it becuse of the weight and shape. I now use the g900 and i love it, its the best mouse around if you can afford it and its awsome to play without a wire. Also i have played fps games for years (including 1500+ hours in csgo) and i cant notice any input lag what so ever in wireless mode.

G900 all the way!

Well i went with the g900 over the razer options, I really hope is as good as everyone says.

Thanks for all the help

Do you want 2-8 programmable buttons that's for gaming? Hmm... Do you mind if I add a different brand? 

Just now, Martii said:

Do you want 2-8 programmable buttons that's for gaming? Hmm... Do you mind if I add a different brand? 

Oh I'm too late lol. Should've suggested the Scimitar RGB

I'm using the Logitech G402, but if I would buy a new mouse, I would probably go for the Master MX from Logitech. 
Logitech G402 is a good mouse, but nowadays I would prefer a good wireless mouse.

On 2/25/2017 at 9:33 AM, Martii said:

Oh I'm too late lol. Should've suggested the Scimitar RGB

It's too  late for me but not for the ones that come here looking for the same advice so thanks for it, I usualy have a profile for each game and another one just for premiere, that is why i like more programmable buttons.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:45 AM, Carfferd said:

I'm using the Logitech G402, but if I would buy a new mouse, I would probably go for the Master MX from Logitech. 
Logitech G402 is a good mouse, but nowadays I would prefer a good wireless mouse.

The MX Master is a great mouse for productivity, I personaly am not found of it for gamming because of the slight latency lag it has