2 Monitors will not match!

Crapman

I bought a dell E2316H a while ago, and connected it with DP to an MSI GTX 1050 ti, and it has been great. Today, I bought an acer X223W and connected it to my CPU's integrated graphics (Intel 4600) with VGA, and the colors seem to warm, and do not match with my other monitor at all, I have tried to play with the color settings on the monitor itself, and the integrated graphics control panel, but it has not been possible, is there anything else I can do?

2 minutes ago, Crapman said:

I bought a dell E2316H a while ago, and connected it with DP to an MSI GTX 1050 ti, and it has been great. Today, I bought an acer X223W and connected it to my CPU's integrated graphics (Intel 4600) with VGA, and the colors seem to warm, and do not match with my other monitor at all, I have tried to play with the color settings on the monitor itself, and the integrated graphics control panel, but it has not been possible, is there anything else I can do?

Use a color calibrator. The colors may never 100% match though.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Crapman said:

Welcome to the Forums!

You can try manually adjusting the color settings on each monitor to try and match them up but different panels you will have differences in color brightness and such between the two. That can even happen with two of the same monitors if they are not calibrated. 

Another thing to remember is the Dell is using LED backlight, while the Acer is a LCD backlight. The LED will always seem much "cooler" then LCD

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

14 minutes ago, Farmall200 said:

Another thing to remember is the Dell is using LED backlight, while the Acer is a LCD backlight. The LED will always seem much "cooler" then LCD

They are both LCD monitors, LCD isn't the backlight type. Displays that are just advertised as "LCD" usually use CCFL backlights.

7 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

They are both LCD monitors, LCD isn't the backlight type. Displays that are just advertised as "LCD" usually use CCFL backlights.

My bad, I read LCD from the line above back light and decided that LCD is a backlight technology. However, if you believe dell, their monitor is a full LED monitor, unlike the LCD Acer. That's what i really was trying to say. And the two technology's do produce a different color temperature, but you should be able to adjust them and get them close to each other.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze