Build a NAS or Buy Pre Built NAS (for the Home)

Should I build a NAS / Media Player or buy a pre built ? 

I watched the 2Gamers 1PC and the follow up video where Linus shows you the option of having a NAS built with the pc.

At the moment I have 3 spinners and 2 SSD the 3 spinner total about roughly 9TB, I occasionally do some 2d&3D projects and usually those take alot of room also i do have a lot vidoes which i want to move to a NAS.

I'm just trying to figure out what is the best optimise solution in terms of transfer speed/streaming. And what features should i consider if going down the pre built NAS solutions.

Budget BudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetBudgetvv

The geek himself.

20TB should be plenty of space.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZGXqVY
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZGXqVY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($61.99 @ Jet) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250-PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($51.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($43.74 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($118.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($118.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case  ($94.04 @ Jet) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1023.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-21 16:24 EST-0500

The geek himself.