144hz monitor

ShrDc

Can DVI dual link deliver 1920x1080 144 frames per second? And DVI single link?

10 minutes ago, ShrDc said:

Can DVI dual link deliver 1920x1080 144 frames per second? And DVI single link?

Dual-Link DVI can do 1080p 144 Hz, Single-Link DVI can do 1080p 60 Hz.

25 minutes ago, Radiant said:

in that price class, DEFINETLY GO WITH THE BENQ ZOWIE XL24II!!!!!!!!!!

Unless the XL2411Z is a lot cheaper than other options I usually recommend against it, it only takes 144 Hz over DVI which gives it limited flexibility, so when there are other options with DisplayPort around the same price like the G2460PF, XG2401, or VG248QE, there's not much reason to go for the XL2411Z.

8 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Dual-Link DVI can do 1080p 144 Hz, Single-Link DVI can do 1080p 60 Hz.

Unless the XL2411Z is a lot cheaper than other options I usually recommend against it, it only takes 144 Hz over DVI which gives it limited flexibility, so when there are other options with DisplayPort around the same price like the G2460PF, XG2401, or VG248QE, there's not much reason to go for the XL2411Z.

never heard of  Z version, mine takes 144hz over hdmi too tho

20 minutes ago, Radiant said:

never heard of  Z version, mine takes 144hz over hdmi too tho

They're the same thing.

Is this something you've tested yourself? It's quite well known that the XL2411 doesn't accept >60 Hz over HDMI, we get questions here probably every week from people asking why they can't get 144 Hz on their XL2411, and the answer is always that they're using HDMI, not DVI. The monitor's product page and manual both state that DL-DVI is required for 144 Hz as well.

10 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

They're the same thing.

Is this something you've tested yourself? It's quite well known that the XL2411 doesn't accept >60 Hz over HDMI, we get questions here probably every week from people asking why they can't get 144 Hz on their XL2411, and the answer is always that they're using HDMI, not DVI. The monitor's product page and manual both state that DL-DVI is required for 144 Hz as well.

hmm thats weird, on my box it says supports hdmi 144hz. and it is 144hz because since i changed monitor i really really feel the mouse lag when i use a 60hz again, so i am positiv that im running on 144hz. also gives me the option to set it to 144hz in nvidia options when only connected through hdmi

7 minutes ago, Radiant said:

hmm thats weird, on my box it says supports hdmi 144hz. and it is 144hz because since i changed monitor i really really feel the mouse lag when i use a 60hz again, so i am positiv that im running on 144hz. also gives me the option to set it to 144hz in nvidia options when only connected through hdmi

Do you think you could take a screenshot of these two windows together?

NVIDIA Control Panel -> Change Resolution

and

Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties -> Monitor

54cda3902d.png

16 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Do you think you could take a screenshot of these two windows together?

NVIDIA Control Panel -> Change Resolution

and

Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties -> Monitor

54cda3902d.png

now that i checked, you are right. no 144hz on hdmi (ran a DVI cable until a few weeks ago so i think i mixed something up).... but 1. why does everything fell much smoother and 2.why did it say HDMI 144hz support on the box (its a legit one, bought it by a bit seller in Austria) if i can find it somewhere if my maze house, ill post a picture! and 1 more thing: in some games i was able to change the refreshrate itsself, and on my old samsung which only had 60 over every cable only went up to 60, but whith this one even with hdmi i can still run it at 144hz, weird right?