Does anyone miss the old transparent glass effect from Windows 7?

musama18117

Windows 10 is good and all but that nostalgic feel of transparent glass really makes me feel empty.

2 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Windows 10 sucks the fat blow hole.

I assume you're not using Windows 10.

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't miss it...

... as I'm looking at it right now :P 

Clever you.

4 minutes ago, musama18117 said:

I assume you're not using Windows 10.

I do. Worst OS I've owned since 8.1.

Faves so far have been 95, 98, xp and 7. 

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

1 minute ago, PCMasterDebater said:

I do. Worst OS I've owned since 8.1.

Faves so far have been 95, 98, xp and 7. 

XP is my nostalgic childhood, didn't even want to move the Windows 7 but eventually did, just because of the transparent glass.

I absolutely loved the glassy feel of Windows 7. The flat color scheme of 8/10 really turned me off, although the transparent effect of the W10 taskbar/start menu eased things a bit. When I first saw the flat colors of W8 on early pre-release screenshots, I thought they were just simple placeholder textures until actual eyecandy was made. Needless to say, I skipped 8/8.1 entirely. The only Windows 8/8.1 system I've ever touched was my father's laptop and only when he had "technical difficulties" that needed my help, otherwise I avoided all physical contact with all Windows 8/8.1 computers I've ever come across.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

3 hours ago, divided_throwaway said:

IDK. I'd probably miss it more if Windows 7 came out a bit earlier, because reasons. Vista had the same look, but it was buggy and bloated af.

Vista wasn't necessarily bloated in retrospect; actually, it seems to handle some shit better than 7. On the flip side, compared to XP, Vista was notably more resource intensive because the Aero effects were demanding at the time, among other things.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

*RainMeter*

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Nope, the skeumorphic look is really dated looking and too busy. I like the nice flat look, although I really like the implementation of blur effects in MacOS.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Vista wasn't necessarily bloated in retrospect; actually, it seems to handle some shit better than 7. On the flip side, compared to XP, Vista was notably more resource intensive because the Aero effects were demanding at the time, among other things.

I think much of the vista hate centers around its rocky roll out.  There were a lot of issues that first year and that pretty much cemented public opinion on Vista.

Yes.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

*RainMeter*

How is that suppose to solve any problem

15 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

How is that suppose to solve any problem

Use rainmeter to recreate the effect in windows 10.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 hours ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Windows 10 sucks the fat blow hole.

It sure looks pretty and has a nice interface, but whenever I update my computer and that black screen comes up with the word "Hi" on it...I dunno, I just kind of want to put my fist through the monitor whenever it does that.