How do i find out the RPM of a fan using a Noctua LNA?

Ice Cream Sandvich

So I was wondering if I use a noctua LNA (Low Noise adapter) on a be quiet! silent wings 3 (140mm) what would then be the RPM of that fan? The fan normally runs at 1000 rpm. Is there a simple formula to use to find out for other fans too?

you should be able to check in any of the many hardware monitoring utilities, or even BIOS.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

33 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

you should be able to check in any of the many hardware monitoring utilities, or even BIOS.

The motherboard still delivers the same voltage, but there is a resistor in the LNA, which slows the fan. Depending on the motherboard, you may or may not get an accurate reading from the motherboard.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

13 hours ago, kimsejin5 said:

The motherboard still delivers the same voltage, but there is a resistor in the LNA, which slows the fan. Depending on the motherboard, you may or may not get an accurate reading from the motherboard.

LNA still has rpm sensor which measures rpm coming from fan. Do you have personal experience about LNA messing rpm readings?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:45 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

LNA still has rpm sensor which measures rpm coming from fan. Do you have personal experience about LNA messing rpm readings?

Yeah, on an ASRock board, it would read 200, then 4000, then back down to 200, repeatedly.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

2 hours ago, kimsejin5 said:

Yeah, on an ASRock board, it would read 200, then 4000, then back down to 200, repeatedly.

That might be board having issues too. Multiple boards doing that and it really is issue. This is first time I've heard of that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv