The local store supplier still hasnt gotten any K70's RGB Rapidfires. Alternatives?

Which keyboard?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which mechanical keyboard should i choose?

• K70 RGB Rapidfire (Wait for the local dealer to have them in stock for under 140€ or order it online at the very high price of +200€ while trying to lower the price)?
    • Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Ask the local dealer if they can aquire them for the 189€ or below 200€ or order online at the extremely high price of +270€ while trying to lower the price)?
    • K95 RGB Platinum (I dont even know, the local retailers may take over a whole month to get suppliers with them and online im sure it will cross the +280€ with transportation and import fees)?

Hey there folks :P. So i lost my previous "good" membrane keyboard and i am currently using a Microsoft 20€ membrane keyboard -.- (one of its feet broke not too long ago when i placed my elbow on it... the quality man...).

Long story short, i asked the local dealer for that particular keyboard alongside with the mouse and mousepad i currently have. That happened on November of last year!

The keyboard has yet to be in stock and its certainly annoying as heck to have rainbows everywhere and having such a terrible keyboard with no comfort whatsoever, terrible for fast typing and horrendous for gaming and definetly hurting my senses (XD) is so irritating! 

If i cant get the K70 RGB Rapidfire from the dealer, only without RGB backlighting which is a no for me now, im open to other suggestions. I didnt like Steelseries, definetly not Roccat, Logitech or other Corsair\Razer keyboards for that matter because they were either too expensive for the features they offered or because i am not really happy with theyr designs and type of switches.

I would also appreciate if you were not like the user 'Pendragon' which just says "Razer sucks, no matter what you say or others say and ill offend you because they suck and i am right and you cant justify it".

With all of those in mind, what would you suggest? Gateron and Topre based keyboards have received a lot of hype but in reality i suppose it depends on the user and they keyboard where they are implemented are not either good looking or comfortable for long sessions of computer entertainment. Also theyr pricetags are too high (over 250€ for Topre and Gaterons seem either too simple and for +100€ like that, they are not for me) and availability is too low, so its Cherry MX or Kailh switches.

After seeing and listening to 'randomfrankp' i think im no longer closed to just MX Speeds, but more to Brown or Brown-like switches which seem to be the most balanced and comfortable for heavy typing and entertainment. Are Razer Greens or are Orange the closest to MX Browns?

If you know any other keyboard and brands, feel free to help :p. Thanks for any input or vote.

Groomlake Authority

8 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

-snip-

can you get amazon?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

6 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

-snip-

The prices i listed on the poll are from Amazon :(. I presume they are willing to negotiations as they have in the past, but getting anything more than 10-20€ of is gonna be close to too hard to just not happening hence why im not sure if its the best idea to try and get from them.

Groomlake Authority

Guys, its currently 33% for all of them. Could you please cast your votes so i can conclude my decision :/?

Groomlake Authority

14 minutes ago, Aytex said:

-snip-

Wow!

I think im starting to be in love with the CM Masterkeys, but is there any compatible wrist rest for it that your aware of?

Groomlake Authority

2 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Wow!

I think im starting to be in love with the CM Masterkeys, but is there any compatible wrist rest for it that your aware of?

No

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-mechanical-keyboard-gaming-wrist-pad-rest-black-thick?variant=13596770243

??

Also Masterkeys with blanks looks lovely 

4ce401aea85dc123d1936ab7f96194ef.jpg

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

-snip-

Lmao, Glorious Pc Master race has theyr own website XDD!

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

-snip-

Oh thats pretty sweet! Thanks for the glorious wrist rest!

Now here i am hoping the guys at the store can order the Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro L xD.

At this point, i suppose the K70/K95 arent gonna fit it since theyr suppliers seem to be short on juice...

If the glorious wrist rest and Coolermaster keyboard doesnt sweat it, its gonna have to be the Razer V2, but i suppose most people would say it sucks aye :p?

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Oh thats pretty sweet! Thanks for the glorious wrist rest!

Now here i am hoping the guys at the store can order the Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro L xD.

At this point, i suppose the K70/K95 arent gonna fit it since theyr suppliers seem to be short on juice...

If the glorious wrist rest and Coolermaster keyboard doesnt sweat it, its gonna have to be the Razer V2, but i suppose most people would say it sucks aye :p?

Razer's QC is terrible, there is no bias at this point it should be a fact for any buyer.

I would tend to stay away from them

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

-snip-

Alright then. Really hope they have the Coolermaster, in Browns or Blues. Still trying to figure that one out xD.

Groomlake Authority

Pick up a K95 (non-platinum) on Amazon. They are the same price as ther K70

Breaking things 1 day at a time

11 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

-snip-

The reason why i did not listed the older K95 RGB was because it has the 18 macros, whom i will never use, it uses an old lighting system i believe and it was not available with Cherry MX Speeds. The K95 RGB Platinum was an option i placed because of the USB pass through, the new lighting strip/logo and generally newer chassis sturdiness with the MX Speeds.

Like i said tough, i am starting to want switches like MX Blues\Browns since i am a heavy typist and gamer alike and i heard the MX Speeds arent that much faster anyways and the clickiness is not present nor the tactile bump. The K95 RGB is simply too massive for me at this point hence why i dont think it would be a good option for me :p.

Groomlake Authority