Watercooled Server Build

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Buy water cooling parts on Amazon: http://geni.us/d3E5P

There's the right way of doing things, and then there's our way of doing things... Don't try this watercooled server build at home, kids!!

Vessel shirt? What year is this?

48 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy water cooling parts on Amazon: http://geni.us/d3E5P

There's the right way of doing things, and then there's our way of doing things... Don't try this watercooled server build at home, kids!!

What about the server room re-organization video?

Edit: I'm also confused why this HAS to go there? Can't it just go on the bottom and use longer cables?

:D now this is what you would expect from LMG.

Trying to do something properly and good because the smallest issue could end up in a disaster, mistakes all over the place and ends up being a dodgy af solution anyway xD

Well done Linus.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I can't wait for the update video when some part of the loop inevitably leaks and fries the petabyte project below it 9_9

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Asetek does make water cooling solutions for servers, and they use a method call Hot Liquid Cooling, but where's the fun in that when you can DIY!

:D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I loved this part: Says that he can't have a leak because of the petabyte project, then uses epoxy to fix his f'ed up radiator. Typical Linus.

What's up with the hissing audio? Seems to pop up at random points in the video, 8:17 for example

6 minutes ago, hui said:

What's up with the hissing audio? Seems to pop up at random points in the video, 8:17 for example

We've been having intermittent issues (depending on what solution we're using on a given shoot) with non-RED audio modules interacting with the new RED cameras. Still waiting on the RED module to arrive, which should be here soon... It was a lot worse before we got some filters on there and went in to manually tweak levels and cut some frequencies :( 

EDIT: And unfortunately this wasn't a situation where we could just swap in a new solution and reshoot the whole thing :P

Does the radiator that was epoxied still work? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 hour ago, 13CA350 said:

What about the server room re-organization video?

join floatplane club;)

could someone put together for me a server build around 500-1000$ and one at 500$

You're kidding, right? Watercooling is going to be sitting above the $20,000 (I think that was a cost Linus mentioned) Petabyte storage server? 

LTT does have a tendency to do things the wrong way, but this seems a bit more than the wrong way to me. Potentially, your entire video archive (and a very expensive set of drives) is only as reliable as this watercooling loop is, mounted in a case not designed for watercooling. 

EDIT: And you're using a self repaired radiator.... Or not, watching this video as writing this. 

$30000+ of harddrives and all of LTT's history on a server? 

Better drill into the watercooling rad on top of it and epoxy it shut!  

Seriously guys wtf!

Edit just watched him replace it. JK guys thank god

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

We've been having intermittent issues (depending on what solution we're using on a given shoot) with non-RED audio modules interacting with the new RED cameras. Still waiting on the RED module to arrive, which should be here soon... It was a lot worse before we got some filters on there and went in to manually tweak levels and cut some frequencies :( 

EDIT: And unfortunately this wasn't a situation where we could just swap in a new solution and reshoot the whole thing :P

And what filters have you used? 

Also Hi :), it's my first post here!

meh, better to filter it myself

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Ah, I see. I also heard intermittent static while watching too, that's probably what it was. Thought it was my speakers

So he had to have it rack mounted?  Could not build a freestanding server?  Keep the water away from all the other items on the rack?

Holy  shit the jank was real this episode.

He fucks up one rad, realizes that he should have just double side taped it to the chassis, then proceeds to drill the fractal rad.  :o:o:o

Compression fittings and "leak free" aren't in the same sentence.  Those fuckers can't be trusted.

The part about water evaporating through tubes is very "nope".  I've had a loop running for 2.5 years and the micro res didn't even come close to losing enough fluid for it to matter.  I only had to tear it down because X1 has a 2 year lifespan in service.

If you're going max reliability  I personally would swap the o-rings on the fittings as well to beefier 10.4 x 2.4mm viton ones.  They give a lot better seal and are immune to degradation.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

The company i work for makes overclocked servers in Montreal Canada. www.ciaratech.com. We have a 2U system with a closed loop water cooling set up made by asetek (called the ORION HF). We have fans that cool the RAD and the PCI cards. So far, our system with the 6950x runs at 4.3GHZ/4.4Ghz (we have 2 profiles loaded on the system, you choose which is more stable for your application). It uses the ASUS X99WS IPMI motherboard, with a special BIOS build made for CIARA by ASUS. Its built more for High Frequency Trading, but you add in a graphics card or GPU and you're set.

Steven A Baranello

-----------------------------------------------------

Personal Rig

Steven A Baranello Special

i7-6700K (OC 4.6GHZ), ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1, Corsair H80iv2 (with Cooler Master JETFLO 120 Fans), 32GB(2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133MHZ, 2x Adata SP550 240GB SSD RAID 1, 2x WD BLACK 1TB RAID 1 ,Gigabyte Windforce 4GB GTX960, Cooler Master Gold PSU 650W, Corsair 750D case. WIN10-PRO 64BIT.

-----------------------------------------------------

Work Rig

CiaraTech Orion HF320-G3 LP

i7-5960X (OC 4.6/4.7GHZ), ASUS X99WS-IPMI , 64GB (8x8GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666Mhz RAM, Custom Asetek Closed loop cooling System with 3x 80MM 9000RPM fans, LSI 9361-4i RAID CARD, 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 in RAID 1, Custom CiaraTech 2U Rackmount Chassis, Redundant Hot-Swap 770W PSU, Multiple OS. (Win7 PRO x64, RHEL7, CENTOS 7) 

What is the name of that case?  I am doing a new server build and was wondering

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

He fucks up one rad, realizes that he should have just double side taped it to the chassis, then proceeds to drill the fractal rad.  :o:o:o

I know right. not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing. It makes the video more interesting but at the same time, he is doing something which should be easy, the hard way.

" do as I say, not as I do "

Which is the video where he explains how his video exporting set up works. Just trying to put everything together in my mind.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14