Monitor Help

Odie_1303

Okay, so at the moment I am stuck with what to buy as a gaming monitor.

Firstly though I had some thoughts and plans, I was wanting to get 2x GTX 1080's [ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB Card] for my build to upgrade from the Radeon R390 I have currently. However after checking a few of Linus's videos on the subject of SLI I wasn't so sure after because I don't think it will be suitable or make any huge change for me, because I am wanting to record videos on my PC with AAA titles and other games like TF2, GTA V and other type of stuff [As for settings I am just wanting to keep in the 1080p range but have smooth frames 60 to 120fps, as I record in 1080p 60fps normally]. Right now I am using currently a Sony Bravia tv which isn't really good for the purpose of gaming [But has served me well anyway] however I am stuck if I should get 1x GTX 1080 & a new gaming monitor or settle with 2x GTX 1080's and the Tv I have right now. (I'm sorry if it may sound silly, I am still sorta new to this whole PC stuff.)

I checked out some of the videos on Gaming Monitors on Linus's channel, however I am not 100% sure if the choice I made for a monitor is good. [ASUS MG248Q 24" Full HD LED 144Hz Gaming Monitor].

I am wanting to keep the price of the monitor to a low cost however I can twist a leg if it means getting a much better monitor on the market.

Advice and some suggestions would be appreciated on this matter if anyone is willing to help me please.

Many thanks~

a single 1070 will do AAA games fine and i wouldn't pay extra for 144hz unless your kennys

3 minutes ago, Odie_1303 said:

Okay, so at the moment I am stuck with what to buy as a gaming monitor.

Firstly though I had some thoughts and plans, I was wanting to get 2x GTX 1080's [ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB Card] for my build to upgrade from the Radeon R390 I have currently. However after checking a few of Linus's videos on the subject of SLI I wasn't so sure after because I don't think it will be suitable or make any huge change for me, because I am wanting to record videos on my PC with AAA titles and other games like TF2, GTA V and other type of stuff [As for settings I am just wanting to keep in the 1080p range but have smooth frames 60 to 120fps, as I record in 1080p 60fps normally]. Right now I am using currently a Sony Bravia tv which isn't really good for the purpose of gaming [But has served me well anyway] however I am stuck if I should get 1x GTX 1080 & a new gaming monitor or settle with 2x GTX 1080's and the Tv I have right now. (I'm sorry if it may sound silly, I am still sorta new to this whole PC stuff.)

I checked out some of the videos on Gaming Monitors on Linus's channel, however I am not 100% sure if the choice I made for a monitor is good. [ASUS MG248Q 24" Full HD LED 144Hz Gaming Monitor].

I am wanting to keep the price of the monitor to a low cost however I can twist a leg if it means getting a much better monitor on the market.

Advice and some suggestions would be appreciated on this matter if anyone is willing to help me please.

Many thanks~

Two GTX 1080s is definitely overkill for 1080p, even at 120 Hz. A single GTX 1070 would probably do just fine for you. You can use ShadowPlay to record without really any performance impact.