I need help(First Time Builder)

Hi im going to ve building my first pc as a 600$ Overwatch Pc im thinking of getting an MSI Rx470 Armor 4G Oc(dont worry i will change the preset fan curve)and as a processor i thought of getting a i3 7100 since it has hyperthreading owerwatch benefits a lot from that i just wanted to ask how much it would bottleneck the system and i will not be getting an Ryzen cpu since the 140$ version has 2 threads and 2 cores compared to the higher end ones.Thanks For Your Help!

an i3 and 470 is fine

Ryzen starts at 4 cores, not 2 cores. WAIT FOR IT

1) a 7100 shouldnt bottleneck a 470

2) there is no 2 core/2 thread Ryzen, the minimum is 4 cores/4threads

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

It still does go over my budget and i wouldnt i have to buy a cooler to overclock it just a few hertz more

3 minutes ago, W3AB00_K1D said:

Hi im going to ve building my first pc as a 600$ Overwatch Pc im thinking of getting an MSI Rx470 Armor 4G Oc(dont worry i will change the preset fan curve)and as a processor i thought of getting a i3 7100 since it has hyperthreading owerwatch benefits a lot from that i just wanted to ask how much it would bottleneck the system and i will not be getting an Ryzen cpu since the 140$ version has 2 threads and 2 cores compared to the higher end ones.Thanks For Your Help!

it has 4c/4t like an i5. also dont get an i3 when the pentium g4560 is the same thing for half the price. 

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

1) a 7100 shouldnt bottleneck a 470

2) there is no 2 core/2 thread Ryzen, the minimum is 4 cores/4threads

Thanks i guess the leak video i saw was fake or i just forgot?

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

it has 4c/4t like an i5. also dont get an i3 when the pentium g4560 is the same thing for half the price. 

A lot of people also say they look like the same specs but they are quite different in performance in games that are better with more cores(even though they both have hyperthreading)

The pentium G4560 is a great alternative to the I3 for about half the price. It won't bottleneck the RX470. Its a perfect fit.

1 minute ago, W3AB00_K1D said:

Thanks i guess the leak video i saw was fake or i just forgot?

If you don't mind going used, if you can find a cheap x58 board, most of them are around 80$ if they aren't over priced or too high end. And an X5650 for 40$ it had 6c 12t, if you overclock it, it should fight the Haswell i5s in single core pretty well.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 minutes ago, W3AB00_K1D said:

A lot of people also say they look like the same specs but they are quite different in performance in games that are better with more cores(even though they both have hyperthreading)

Do you have a knack for finding the bad videos who don't provide very good info?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 minutes ago, W3AB00_K1D said:

yeah you might get like 5fps more in some games but thats also fro 100% increase in price. you would be insane to pay double for like a couple more fps. 

Thanks Guys! I will be getting a Pentium G4560,Now i can get a Cherry Mx Blue Keyboard That isnt Tenkeyless instead of a tenkeyless one with greetech blues(Corsair strafe)

7 minutes ago, W3AB00_K1D said:

It still does go over my budget and i wouldnt i have to buy a cooler to overclock it just a few hertz more

id wait to see benchmarks. even if it doesn't have lower frequency and you have to use the stock cooler there is still a pretty good chance that it will outperform the i3 just because it has 4 physical cores compared to 2 physical cores. 

1 minute ago, W3AB00_K1D said:

Thanks Guys! I will be getting a Pentium G4560,Now i can get a Cherry Mx Blue Keyboard That isnt Tenkeyless instead of a tenkeyless one with greetech blues(Corsair strafe)

yeah not a bad decision. there isnt really anything in ryzen that will be competing with the pentium so if that's the route you want to go there isnt any point in wait for ryzen unless they lower the price on the pentium which i highly doubt they will. 

Wow this is the most helpfull and fast tech forum i have seen it took 2 hours at tomshardware thanks again guys(or girls XD)