New to audio setups - issue with XLR / Mixer

Hoshiwara

I decided I wanted a better audio setup for my gear, so after a bit of research I decided to buy an audio mixer which would handle both audio output from devices, as well as audio input from MIC. I have hooked up the PC etc just fine, and have no issues with getting audio from those, however, when I hook up the mic I get no usable sound from it. It picks up tapping and such, but no voice. The microphone works fine in my old USB audio interface however. My plan was to separate the audio outputs from devices such as PC from the MIC by using the 2 zones on the mixer. Then i would just feed the MICs zone into the PC.

Basically my current setup is PC and phone hooked up to mixer, can get audio from both of these mixed. Mic connected to XLR port, powered, but only picking up tapping etc. Currently headphones are directly connected to the output of mixer, across both zones.

Any help is appreciated, if you need any more info just ask.

Can you be more specific on what you're trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to feed the mic into the mixer, and then from the mixer into the PC? Let's leave the phone out of this for the time being.

Yeah, mic into mixer, then mixer into PC.

should also have mentioned, i know very little when it comes to audio equipment. Basically been working it out as i've been going along.

Edited by Hoshiwara

i've tested running my mic into my audio interface, then running a 3/4" cable from there into the new mixer. That seems to work fine, however the main point of the mixer was to save space and redice the number of cables. Seems to be an issue with XLR, maybe the ports on th emixer aren't powered? The Mixer is a W Audio CR 6 if anyone wants to have a look.