how to reset repeated wrong driver installs

noobbuilder

hi

Short :

when device manager detects a conflicts or no drivers for something and you try to install wrong drivers several times than device manager detects the hardware as unknown and not even the correct driver works.  is there anyway to make device manager forget the wrong driver installs and detect the conflicting hardware as the original name so the correct driver will work?

Long :

xbox one wireless adapter was detected as "xbox acc" which is normal and then it is supposed to download the correct driver automatically after that and if it doesn't your supposed to let windows update install driver.

when i first plugged it in it did say "xbox acc" and it didnt auto install the driver (i didnt know if that happens i was to let windows update install them) so i manually installed tthe driver myself but i had the x86 driver instead of the x64 one and after repeated attempts the device manager would not detect it as "xbox acc" anymore and just unknown device.

now i cant even install the correct x64 driver and the windows update one fails. upon manual install no matter where i get the driver it says "not intended for this platform"

i took it to another pc and it auto installed driver but it took a couple of min so i know its a good adapter.

long story short is there anyway to repair or reset device managers remembering repeated wrong drivers on windows 8.1 ? 

i have messed with this 4 hours last night and tried everything and only have so many days for a refund

::i have tried a million drivers ones from microsoft catalog and winupd,uninstall in dm and every usb port on my pc:::

please help

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

DDU is a program that works with a thumb drive. With that, you can delete all files of that driver you tried installing.

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

DDU is a program that works with a thumb drive. With that, you can delete all files of that driver you tried installing.

That's only for display drivers

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

would a system restore work? i would rather another solution if possible since the only restore point i have is all the way back to feb 16

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

ok got it to work finaly but not sure what did it

1st i used a registry program and deleted and pid's found related to the pid i got off the pc that the adapter worked on .

that allowed device manager to find it as "xbox acc" but nothing would work still not winupdate or the correct driver from windows catalog or even the driver i downloaded from softpedia.

so i did a system restore and tried all the winupdate ,DM update search and the ones that are referred to by xbox site the windows catalog one still nothing.

i tried the softpedia one again as a last resort and it worked

20810274_e50dff8869655f97b64b001664b500a8b4aecd25.cab

Usually when you uninstall a driver from Device Manager, you have the option to delete it from the system too (it's a check box).

Unless it's a driver that comes with Windows, then you can't.

6 hours ago, CHAOSEN3 said:

Usually when you uninstall a driver from Device Manager, you have the option to delete it from the system too (it's a check box).

Unless it's a driver that comes with Windows, then you can't.

i wish this driver had one it would have made it a whole lot easier. heck i even went into windows\system32 and manually deleted all files from the drivers extracted cab's ,but luckily it worked its self out with system restore.