Suggesting Home NAS vs Synology

Duxxy

Hello to you,

I would like to know what NAS you are suggesting to me? Synology? A QNAP? Or a home made NAS? Small budget. Also very important, durability.

I already have a Synology DS216se, but it really is not fast enough. I would like to have a NAS with speed to store series and film and be able to do iScsi.

Thank you in advance.

Under 350-400$ for the NAS.

To start, i will use 2 HDD but in the futur i will like to have 4 HDD.

Network speed i have: 1 Gb/s

I dont know what do you meen with your last question..?

so since you already have a Synology NAS the question would be what is not fast enough on it?

with the given examples i would guess file transfer?

IScsi will not give you any more performance if the bottleneck is your network or your current drives so it would be very important to know exactly where it is slow and how fast it really is.

The write speed and the read speed.. Write: ~50mo/s and Read: ~70-80mo/s.

the Nas itself can handle read speeds faster than you network, just the write speed is a little lower.

It must either be your drives or your network that is the bottleneck here.

Yes, like Pixel5 said, if you just use 1x1Gb networking you will be limited to 110MB/s (more a less) from the network. 
If that is enought, your current bottleneck seems to be your Synology, since they claim: 

The DS216se delivers an average of over 102 MB/sec reading and over 59 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows® environment

Synology has solutions that are much faster than that. If you choose to go for a custom NAS solution I would advise to pay attention to power comsumption since most custom solutions will consume around 2 times or more what a Synology does. It might not seem much, but do the math for a single month. 

Thanks guys for your suggestion. :) I will try to sell my DS216se and buy DS216...