can't ping between wifi and ethernet hosts

ilyas001
Go to solution Solved by ilyas001,

I FOUND THE SOLUTION , there is a option for wifi isolation from ethernet connection in the router i just had to unchecke it now i can ping anyone , thanks guys for your time 

hello guys , my wifi network is a real mess , what yo uare gonna read will really make no sense to any of you 

well like said in the title i can't ping between wifi and Ethernet hosts , how do i know 

well at first i was training on nmap on my kali linux then i saw that it never detects my windows pc that is the only pc connected to Ethernet and my windows pc also doesn't detect my wifi hosts in a network scan 

so i tried to solve it by activating icmp echo's and trying to disable the firewall but nothing do it , then i tried to  ping the pc with 3 different devices still not working , then i searched for a rj-45 connecter and diretely connected my laptop the the router and then i was able to ping my windows pc i pull out the connector it's back to unreachable destination i think it's maybe a router configuration problem no ? 

well i did some more tests i can't ping anymore my windows pc with my laptop , the funny thing is that i still can ping my laptop but i will not work if i ping he ethernet ip i need to ping the wifi ip for it to work but if i take out my laptop from the ethernet i can't ping it anymore , same story with my phone i cannot ping the Ethernet ip but i can ping the wifi but still can't ping my windows pc 

this is a very strange behavior i don't get it to be honest 

that sounds like you have two separate subnets 

I would recheck how the network was set up - router / APs

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

that sounds like you have two separate subnets 

I would recheck how the network was set up - router / APs

what do you mean what should i do  ? where should i check that because my windows pc is on 192.168.1.30 and my wifi phone is one 192.168.1.33 ifi have different subsets how can i detect my samsung phone and not my windows pc ? it doesn't sound that 

10 minutes ago, ilyas001 said:

what do you mean what should i do  ? where should i check that because my windows pc is on 192.168.1.30 and my wifi phone is one 192.168.1.33 ifi have different subsets how can i detect my samsung phone and not my windows pc ? it doesn't sound that 

that doesn't look like you have two subnets .. hmm o.O

you should be perfectly capable of pinging unless you have firewalls up on each machine

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

that doesn't look like you have two subnets .. hmm o.O

you should be perfectly capable of pinging unless you have firewalls up on each machine

i don't really know mate i'm quite as lost as you are , do you have any test for me to do so we can isolate the problem ? 

1 minute ago, ilyas001 said:

i don't really know mate i'm quite as lost as you are , do you have any test for me to do so we can isolate the problem ? 

other than manually check if each machine has it's firewall down, or set up so it accepts traffic from local network

can you at least ping the gateway (router) from each machine?

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

other than manually check if each machine has it's firewall down, or set up so it accepts traffic from local network

can you at least ping the gateway (router) from each machine?

yes i can ping the default gateway 

this is what i get is a tracert for more info i think it have something with the pc it'self because most of the times it's the pc it self that answers it's ping request and that means the the packets didn't even went out of the pc , ps the pc that i used in the tracer is a 192.168.1.30 

C:\Users\ilies>tracert 192.168.1.47

Tracing route to 192.168.1.47 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     *     DESKTOP-BNUCI9C [192.168.1.30]  reports: Destination host unreachable.

Trace complete.

so guys any information ? 

I FOUND THE SOLUTION , there is a option for wifi isolation from ethernet connection in the router i just had to unchecke it now i can ping anyone , thanks guys for your time