How do I set a secondary/accent color in Windows 10?

Kitten of the Broccoli

I was messing around with my theme settings, and ended up changing the shade of blue you get when you highlight the text in Chrome's URL bar. I changed my regular color under Personalization back to what I had it at before, but the blue is still the wrong shade. I installed some other custom themes as an experiment, and found that the color of the highlighted URL bar is affected by the Windows themes.

So, how do I change it manually? Obviously this isn't a life-or-death, "my computer is gonna blow up if I don't fix this" kind of issue, but it's really bugging me because I've had it at that other shade of blue for a long time.

In the registry, go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors, and change the value of Hilight

The color value are 3 groups separated by space, each group stands for a color in the order of: Red Green Blue.

Each value goes from 0 to 255 (where 0 is black and 255 is full color of that color).

You need to restart your system to see it affect.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:31 AM, GoodBytes said:

In the registry, go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors, and change the value of Hilight

The color value are 3 groups separated by space, each group stands for a color in the order of: Red Green Blue.

Each value goes from 0 to 255 (where 0 is black and 255 is full color of that color).

You need to restart your system to see it affect.

Do you know what the default values are?

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Hilight: 0 120 215

HilightText: 255 255 255

Thanks. I just settled for 125 125 125 on the Hilight because it matches my gray color scheme.