What is the meaning behind the Corsair sails logo?

3 Lions

I just would like to know. 

Image result for corsair logo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

The word 'corsair' means ship/pirate ship something along those lines. Thanks saddlier-oxford high school vocabulary workshop book!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The word 'corsair' means ship/pirate ship something along those lines. Thanks saddlier-oxford high school vocabulary workshop book!

Corsair has become a generic and romanticized word that essentially means pirate yeah.

The term is derived from a latin word "Cursus" which means something along the lines of "course".

French privateers (Legal pirates) Most likely got the name from the lettre de course. Also known as a letter of marque

Which was a legal document giving them the legal rights to attack ships belonging to an enemy of the crown.

Now if they attacked a ship from a country they were not at war with they were branded pirates and would be hanged if caught.

As for the name Corsair in relation to the company that makes computer stuff. They most likely just picked something that sounded cool.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"