Nexus 7 Subaru Liberty Car Install - Completed!

yorky321

Background info: 
I recently purchased my Subaru Liberty 2006 (MY07) 3.0R Spec B Manual after slaving away underground for about a year and was extremely excited and seriously happy with my decision. Thankfully it had already had a lot of work done to it in regards to the audio setup with the stock head-unit replaced with an after market Alpine CD-5030 along with the required $600 fascia , Amp in the boot powering the stock subwoofer and speakers in the door replaced.
cf2c8vl.jpg

Wow, I don't know why but this pic looks so nice..

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

• 2 weeks later...

This sir, is legendary! I want to do this when I get a car (hopefully next year if I make the 120 hours, I'm 17). However not sure if it will fit in the car I want, an Audi A4 from early 2000's.

What I was also worried about is the law regarding this kind of stuff. Are P platers allowed to use in dash GPS and stuff like that? I know they can't use a phone whatsoever, no Bluetooth, dash mounts, nothing which really sucks. So it seems risky. Hopefully any cops inspecting aren't tech savvy enough to spot a Nexus 7! Anyway this is awesome and I will hopefully be back here in a year or so to do it to my own car if possible.

Honestly i have NO idea haha. For now I'm just going to see what happens. Knowing the Victorian police they will tell me to take it out but i figure it looks "Stock" enough so maybe the wont care. I mean really it's not different (distraction wise) to having a double din 7inch headunit in there. Also good luck ! Make sure to take tons of photo's and if you do buy a nexus 7 make sure its a 1st gen because Timurs kernel is only supported on it :)

Wow, I don't know why but this pic looks so nice..

And thanks, thats probably because its HDR that I took with my Canon 600D  :)

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

• 4 months later...

Honestly i have NO idea haha. For now I'm just going to see what happens. Knowing the Victorian police they will tell me to take it out but i figure it looks "Stock" enough so maybe the wont care. I mean really it's not different (distraction wise) to having a double din 7inch headunit in there. Also good luck ! Make sure to take tons of photo's and if you do buy a nexus 7 make sure its a 1st gen because Timurs kernel is only supported on it :)

And thanks, thats probably because its HDR that I took with my Canon 600D  :)

Have you still got it installed or did the cops up there tell you to take it out yet?

Nice. You also use the Manual transmission. Not of the automatic rubbish.

What do you use the tablet for exactly?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Have you still got it installed or did the cops up there tell you to take it out yet?

@Windspeed36 I sure do man! :D  I've been through 2 Random breath checks (Alcohol tests)  and was wondering if they'd notice or pull me up on it but both times they said nothing. That's either because they didn't notice it / see it or they just didn't care haha. I guess a good thing about this install is that it looks somewhat "factory" in that it isn't horribly obvious like some other installs I've seen.

Nice. You also use the Manual transmission. Not of the automatic rubbish.

What do you use the tablet for exactly?

Yeah I love driving manual cars. So much more fun. Although stop start , bumper to bumper traffic in the city is not fun at all with a manual.

I use the tablet every day for the Music through PowerAmp and the Soundcloud App. Less often I use it for GoogleMaps although technically I'm not supposed to (being that I'm 20 and not a full licensed driver  :wacko: ). Even less often than GoogleMaps I use it to watch movies when I go camping as sort of a portable "theatre" lol because of the comfort/warmth and quality of the my cars audio. It's also great if I'm going on a long trip with company because they get to play NES/SNES/N64 etc haha

Gu5aQRG.png

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

Yeah I love driving manual cars. So much more fun. Although stop start , bumper to bumper traffic in the city is not fun at all with a manual.

I use the tablet every day for the Music through PowerAmp and the Soundcloud App. Less often I use it for GoogleMaps although technically I'm not supposed to (being that I'm 20 and not a full licensed driver  :wacko: ). Even less often than GoogleMaps I use it to watch movies when I go camping as sort of a portable "theatre" lol because of the comfort/warmth and quality of the my cars audio. It's also great if I'm going on a long trip with company because they get to play NES/SNES/N64 etc haha

~snip~

Look pretty awesome the way it sits there. You'd think it was factory.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• 2 years later...

Subaru 7" AV Panel Kit http://bit.ly/HENwJ7

Hej .. sadly they are not available anymore .. do u know where i can buy one? ^^ or do u know the manufacturer?

greetings ^^

Looks awesome mate, very nice job there!

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Mighty Car Mods is that you?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580