Nexus 7 Subaru Liberty Car Install - Completed!

yorky321

Thanks man! I used a Canon 600D with a Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens if anyone was wondering.

Are you on Nasioc? If not I would like to link this page on a thread over there. Great read.

PSU AX850 Processor 3930k @ 4.2  Motherboard Asus x79 Sabertooth Ram Gskill Ripjaw Z 32gb 2133Mhz GPU EVGA GTX 780 reference HDD 128gb Samsung 840 Pro Monitor Asus pb278q Case 800d Cooler H100i Audio Interface Mbox mini Monitors JBL LSR305's

Is that a kitkat ROM i see? Amazing mod btw

Haha I wish. Its running Cyanogenmod with Timur's USB ROM. Thanks man !

In case of Subaru its on the right one. Subaru is Japanese car manufacture. Subarus with steering wheel on left are one on wrong side :P

To OP

So crazy skills to get it inside and working and not to screw up car eletronic or tablet itself.

I saw dude making an mITX build into his car and that was cool aswell.

Cheers bud  :)

Are you on Nasioc? If not I would like to link this page on a thread over there. Great read.

No I'm not feel free to repost it where ever you like! Just send me the links so i can try answer peoples questions and see their feedback  :P

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

Haha the mod screams MCM inspiration, maaaaaad mod dude. Great job! :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Great work dude. I work as a car audio installer and i think this was just an awesome idea.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

How the f*ck do you do this?

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

Can I hire you to make that on my car?? :o This is COOOL!

Haha if the price is right  ;)

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

Very nice.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

This deserves to be on build logs of the week :)

Who says it only has to be computer builds? :D

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

This may sound a little bit harsh but I mean it in a good way - It looks very good for such ghetto mounting. I'm not going to lie, i expected the final product to be really messy, (especially after seeing that soldering job :P) but this looks great. I've seen quite a few mac mini's and ipad 2's mounted in this fashion, but it's nice to see an android given a go.

This deserves to be on build logs of the week :)

Who says it only has to be computer builds? :D

Haha I was tempted to post it in build logs  :P

This may sound a little bit harsh but I mean it in a good way - It looks very good for such ghetto mounting. I'm not going to lie, i expected the final product to be really messy, (especially after seeing that soldering job :P) but this looks great. I've seen quite a few mac mini's and ipad 2's mounted in this fashion, but it's nice to see an android given a go.

Haha thanks I guess. It turns out the solder i was using was probably the worst I could possibly have been using. And the great thing about Android and this particular kernel is that it turns on when i turn my car on, it lasts 10+ days without even giving it a single charge (Idle time) , I can plug devices into it and has many many more features than IOS

more like the right side

Vgg9ySH.png

• 3 weeks later...

this is awesome man, really cool to see a car related mod. i've been wanting to do one as well; wire up a NUC into the glove with some sort of custom cooling solution. either way looks clean yo! 

this is awesome man, really cool to see a car related mod. i've been wanting to do one as well; wire up a NUC into the glove with some sort of custom cooling solution. either way looks clean yo! 

Thanks ! I'm still having issues with "noise" though. I believe its been caused by the fact that there isn't any shielding around the Micro USB port anymore since I moved it out of the case itself. Quite annoying but I'll hopefully figure it out. Wow a NUC in a car would be really cool! 

This sir, is legendary! I want to do this when I get a car (hopefully next year if I make the 120 hours, I'm 17). However not sure if it will fit in the car I want, an Audi A4 from early 2000's.

What I was also worried about is the law regarding this kind of stuff. Are P platers allowed to use in dash GPS and stuff like that? I know they can't use a phone whatsoever, no Bluetooth, dash mounts, nothing which really sucks. So it seems risky. Hopefully any cops inspecting aren't tech savvy enough to spot a Nexus 7! Anyway this is awesome and I will hopefully be back here in a year or so to do it to my own car if possible.