ssd's and gaming pc's

CatXice
1 hour ago, CatXice said:

Snipp

I guess going from a minute loads for rainbow six siege pissing everyone off to instant isnt good, or 2 minute Arma loading times to 10 seconds isnt useful?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

i would save the money. i can wait... do you want to have faster load times ore maybe a 1070 inetead of a 1060? i would say i want more fps and better gaming expirience 

1 minute ago, DiekyD said:

i would save the money. i can wait... do you want to have faster load times ore maybe a 1070 inetead of a 1060? i would say i want more fps and better gaming expirience 

since when does an SSD cost 200$?!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

when you want more than your windows on it :D ? yes i know that you can put much on it but when you want to put games on it it soon will be full.

and even if it cost 100 than you save the money and buy it later :D

6 minutes ago, DiekyD said:

when you want more than your windows on it :D ? yes i know that you can put much on it but when you want to put games on it it soon will be full.

and even if it cost 100 than you save the money and buy it later :D

you can buy something like this for 40$

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/m34NnQ/sandisk-ssd-plus-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-sdssda-120g-g26

On that you install your OS...your programs...firefox, winzip, winrar, etc. all your drivers...nvidia experience, msi afterburner, EVERYTHING other than your games...i tell you, it will make your life a lot easier...40$...well worth it...you have to be masochist not to get one IMHO.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

24 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Since 960 Pro is a thing

OP is the guy that buys a new Corvette, then wants to take it to the automatic car wash, run 87 octane, and buy whatever tires are the cheapest.

Smfh

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

A 120Gb ssd is cheap and the best purchase for the money. You put the OS and 1-2 games you are currently playing, the difference is HUGE.

Fo4 load times got 4x faster, witcher 3 load times got 2.5x faster... Its game changing. I will NEVER get a pc without a ssd in the future.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

its a lot easier to upgrade a GPU compared to migrating an OS onto an SSD. Especially since SSDs are cheap as hell these days even for a 128GB boot drive

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q