DIY case

thegoogler

So i am planning to make a compact atx case. but how hard is it to make one. i am new to the DIY PC place so plz help and give me tips.

the only material vastly available to me is wood.

Thanks for helping guys. :)

7 minutes ago, thegoogler said:

So i am planning to make a compact atx case. but how hard is it to make one. i am new to the DIY PC place so plz help and give me tips.

the only material vastly available to me is wood.

Thanks for helping guys. :)

I would recommend to either cannibalize a case for the IO backplate or get one like this as it will make this much easier:

http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mods-modular-io-panel-p-486.html?osCsid=gtc5r9kt88num9lnuuojvqkui3

-Moved to Modding Section-

thanks, but how hard is it for a newbie to DIY cases or is desighning it the hardest part?

5 minutes ago, thegoogler said:

thanks, but how hard is it for a newbie to DIY cases or is desighning it the hardest part?

It really depends on what your building if it's a very minimalist design like a box with not much more it wouldn't be too difficult. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It really depends on what your building if it's a very minimalist design like a box with not much more it wouldn't be too difficult. 

ok thanks for your help. :) sorry if this was a bit stupid.

2 minutes ago, thegoogler said:

ok thanks for your help. :) sorry if this was a bit stupid.

If you have a design you want to post up we can provide some input and ideas if you'd like.

50 minutes ago, W-L said:

I would recommend to either cannibalize a case for the IO backplate or get one like this as it will make this much easier:

http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mods-modular-io-panel-p-486.html?osCsid=gtc5r9kt88num9lnuuojvqkui3

-Moved to Modding Section-

hey i live in Australia and mountain mods doesn't ship to Australia is there another site that ships to Australia.

1 minute ago, thegoogler said:

hey i live in Australia and mountain mods doesn't ship to Australia is there another site that ships to Australia.

For case parts like that not that I know of, it may be a better option to take it out of an old case then if that's not an option.

I don't really have any old cases but I could search around on eBay. but I will look around and I can powder coat it.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

If you have a design you want to post up we can provide some input and ideas if you'd like.

Hey I came up with my design on SketchUp. please give me your input on the design. feel free to edit it and send it back to me, thanks.

custom pc case.skp

12 minutes ago, thegoogler said:

Hey I came up with my design on SketchUp. please give me your input on the design. feel free to edit it and send it back to me, thanks.

custom pc case.skp

That looks fairly simple, I would make sure to include an area of cable management either with extra space behind the motherboard tray, and space if you plan to have AIO rads or such.