Kraken x62 Incredibly Loose Backplate

Gibs960

Let me preface this by saying I will love whoever helps me for the rest of my life.

Also, I'm using the correct standoffs, I have checked 4 times. The backplate is the right one and orientated correctly. 

Essentially the backplate is far too loose, like I can move it forward at least 2 or 3 mm, it won't tighten any more, I've tried every way possible.

The cpu block is not touching the cpu, the thermal paste hasn't transferred at all and my temps as a result are incredibly high, idling about 74 degrees c.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Mobo is Z97 HD3 

2 minutes ago, Gibs960 said:

Also, I'm using the correct standoffs, I have checked 4 times. The backplate is the right one and orientated correctly. 

Have you tried using the other screws? Pictures would help as well :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Have you tried using the other screws? Pictures would help as well :D

I haven't tried using the other screws, although they are shorter on the bottom but I'm going off the manual and I'm using the correct screws for my socket.

1 minute ago, Gibs960 said:

I haven't tried using the other screws, although they are shorter on the bottom but I'm going off the manual and I'm using the correct screws for my socket.

Make sure that the Water Block mounting plate is properly installed as well....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

45 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I haven't touched the mounting plate on the block, it came pre installed 

46 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The problem is definitely that the screws won't screw in far enough, it doesn't matter how tight I screw the block on, it's not touching the cpu because of stand offs are too high 

16 hours ago, Gibs960 said:

The problem is definitely that the screws won't screw in far enough, it doesn't matter how tight I screw the block on, it's not touching the cpu because of stand offs are too high 

Can you send a picture of the water block from the side and a picture of the backplate?