4K monitor running at >60Hz w/ HDMI

If I wanted to run my Xbox One and Amazon Fire TV on a 4K display with a refresh rate of >60Hz, what would you go for? Also, it needs to run HDMI.

Thanks for the help!

hdmi 2.0 only does 4k 60hz, 2.1 will be able to do 4k 120 hz.

What kind of display do you have anyway that can do 4k >60 hz?

I don't have a display which is capable of doing 4K >60hz yet. I planning to buy a monitor. That's why I am asking. Also, I am thinking about 24 to 27 inches for a monitor.

3 minutes ago, Dahar Syed said:

If I wanted to run my Xbox One and Amazon Fire TV on a 4K display with a refresh rate of >60Hz

If you mean >60FPS for the Xbox One, you won't get it as it is restricted. I may be wrong but most tv/streaming services are restricted to 60 FPS interlaced maximum so the >60Hz would make no difference. Currently the only >60Hz monitors (for professionals) run in the neighborhood of $4000-8000 (if they are for sale, from what I have heard from people who use them for physics simulations) and are built-to-order or made in-house by a company or university.

5 minutes ago, Dahar Syed said:

I don't have a display which is capable of doing 4K >60hz yet. I planning to buy a monitor. That's why I am asking. Also, I am thinking about 24 to 27 inches for a monitor.

There are only a few odd monitors out that can do 4k 120hz,

DP 1.2 and hdmi 2.0 simply dont have the capacity for that.

Since hdmi 2.1 istn out yet youd need displayport 1.3, usb c or multiple connectors for that.

Anyway, a Xbox one or a fire TV stick wont be able to output 4k 120hz anyway,

theyll work on a 4k 120 hz monitor though (max 4k 60hz for newest xboone).

ok, i understand.

so basically, due to lack of hardware, running an Xbox one and Amazon fire tv at the specs i desired is pretty much impossible

16 minutes ago, Dahar Syed said:

ok, i understand.

so basically, due to lack of hardware, running an Xbox one and Amazon fire tv at the specs i desired is pretty much impossible

Yeah, maybe in a year or two.

It seems like the hdmi 2.1 bandwidth might

be used for HDR unstead of 120 hz though, it is the big marketing term atm.

21 minutes ago, Dahar Syed said:

ok, i understand.

yeah, I would not expect either of them to be able to go over that for a while. Xbox Scorpio will most likely max out at 4k60, if it can hit that at all. Fire TV will probably be 4k60 as most TV shows have a framerate of ~25fps. Until the TV and Movie industry go for higher framerate, which I doubt they will do, you will have no use in connecting it to a 4k120 panel.