RGB-Mechanical Keyboard Under $200

ErkkiJ98

I'm soon getting a new mechanical keyboard to replace my old Blackwidow 2013-edition. I can't decide what keyboard to get since there are so many to choose from and I would like to get your opinions and suggestions

- Mx Browns and RGB-lighting are a big +

- Price under $200 or 200€ actually

Corsair K95 if you prefer the NUMPAD, I find it very useful. But there is also the smaller versions w/o NUMPAD.

The recent Corsair flagship K95 seems to be the way to go.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Corsair K95 if you prefer the NUMPAD, I find it very useful. But there is also the smaller versions w/o NUMPAD.

Would you mind telling your personal +/- about the keyboard if you own one?

1 minute ago, Jade said:

Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S or L

I'd like also like to hear your personal +/- about the keyboard if you own one ;)

I have owned a Razer keyboard, that was very loud and clunky. (not too bad but too loud and annoys others over voicechat, myself)

Ever since I purchased the Corsair K95 I have encountered absolutely 0 issues with it. Ever since using mx-brown switches I will most likely never use any other switch. The color options are endless as you can customize different profiles as well as individual backlit keys. The media functions at the upper-right hand corner of the keyboard are very useful too, with a smooth volume wheel, and play/pause/skip buttons.

There's also a "lock" function which disables the windows key, so when you're in-game you don't accidentally bump it and get out of focus. @ErkkiJ98

I never understood going over 100$ for a keyboard. Theres so many good ones, + the cheap copies (I use them.)

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

I have a Corsair K95 RGB, it's awesome. If you like Cherry MX Red switches. 

I was always more of a fan of Blues so I'm still on the search for this same keyboard just with different switches. 

The 18 macro keys on the left, I've never touched them. 

Masterkeys. Better backlighting and compatibility with aftermarket keycap sets, which is a big deal since most gamer keyboards still use cheap laser etched keycaps that will need to be replaced with time. The Cooler Masters are one of very few RGB keyboards not derided as pure gamer eye candy on r/mechanicalkeyboards; Cooler Master (and Ducky, and a few others, though only Cooler Master has good software RGB) has been making keyboard enthusiast keyboards for quite a while now, while Corsair and Razer are still primarily in the aesthetics business. 

red green blue brown cherry...

i wish i knew the difference.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic