What drives to get? Planning on migrating my stuff

YoloSwag

Hi, I'm currently looking for 4TB solutions to store all my stuff. Re-downloading is not an option at the moment because of my crappy internet speed.

So, I got a bunch of games and other stuff installed and am planning on moving all of them to one drive so I could wipe my other HDDs clean. (Planning on selling my current system for a ticket to the Ryzen Hype train)

I read the 'What Drive Should I Get? A Guide to the Mechanical HD Market' thread but am in need of more details.

Basically, if you guys could suggest anything around $100 or €100. That would be great. Currently checking prices on newegg and -

Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s - €97.99

WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD40EZRZ - €103.99

Also, are these prices inclusive of VAT? I'll be asking a friend to buy me some. (I'm not in EU by the way, just considering this as an option as retail has these in about €150 which is expensive)

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Bump.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."