When does 144Hz 3440x1440 ultrawide IPS come?

Zandvliet

Hi,

Just as the title says, does anyone know any rumors about upcoming monitors having 3440x1440 IPS ultrawide having 144Hz refresh rate?

Cheers.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

4 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Hi,

Just as the title says, does anyone know any rumors about upcoming monitors having 3440x1440 IPS ultrawide having 144Hz refresh rate?

Cheers.

There are 100 Hz monitors with that spec, should be good enough.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I was going to say that same thing.

The real problem is there aren't any panels that can do that right now.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I did find those and there are some nice ones, was just wondering if there is any indication on 144Hz monitors having those specs.

2-3 years down the road when a new single GPU is released that will actually be able to run that on modern games

2 minutes ago, SPG said:

2-3 years down the road when a new single GPU is released that will actually be able to run that on modern games

Really? You expect that long? Wouldn't GTX Titan XP or GTX 1080ti, or even Vega be able to already run that?

1 minute ago, Zandvliet said:

Really? You expect that long? Wouldn't GTX Titan XP or GTX 1080ti, or even Vega be able to already run that?

those most certainly can achieve those framerates if you turn down settings don't get me wrong but I'm just assuming you max everything out. we might see it with the next GPU launch, but I don't see vega (that's coming out soonish) will be able to hit that, and I don't see nvidia's new GPUs coming out until next year. So 2 year minimum (or I guess a year)
I could be 100% wrong, and see it this year who knows. I'm ok with my 75hz 1440p ultrawide

1 minute ago, SPG said:

those most certainly can achieve those framerates if you turn down settings don't get me wrong but I'm just assuming you max everything out. we might see it with the next GPU launch, but I don't see vega (that's coming out soonish) will be able to hit that, and I don't see nvidia's new GPUs coming out until next year. So 2 year minimum (or I guess a year)
I could be 100% wrong, and see it this year who knows. I'm ok with my 75hz 1440p ultrawide

Hmm I am talking about high settings yes, which one do you have? I really want an ultrawide but yeah.. 

I know this is all just speculation. 

43 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Hmm I am talking about high settings yes, which one do you have? I really want an ultrawide but yeah.. 

I know this is all just speculation. 

I have a LG 34UM88-P, currently waiting on vega to come out so I can utilize free-sync correctly, I'll end up getting two of them and throwing it on water