Send images to web server

Proffecte

Hi.

I got a WordPress site hosted by a hosting company, and i would like to put a web-cam picture on my web-page that is updated continuously.

Does anyone know how i could solve this?

/ I need to get a web camera first, connect it to the local internet, so i can access it on a local computer, then transfer still-images(updated every minute or so) to the remote web-server to be able to post it on the web-page.

Here's how I would do it:

Requirements:

• A database of some kind
  • A file storage place of some kind
  • PHP.
  • Javascript/ Other Language client for uploading the images
  • Javascript in browser to refresh images.

Every minute or so, get computer with webcam to upload image to PHP, get PHP to store file in file storage place and add an entry to the database with timestamp.

The javascript getting the images, send a request every minute or so to the PHP, get PHP to get the newest entry in database and show the image.

5 hours ago, Dat Guy said:

Why would you want to use a database for exactly one image?

Because there might be 1000's or more of images you want to get the latest one

or you might want multiple streams maybe.

If you want to get only the latest one, there is no reason to keep the previous ones. Other than that, every file has a timestamp.

So: Why do you want a database?

Write in C.

Alright, i got most things solved now.

I'll be using a software called Active Webcam Pro to send images to the web-server using FTP. I have tested it and it works as it should.

All i need to do now, is to find a suitable camera, a pc to put up in a remote location(to run the software), connect the camera to it using POE because of less cables to worry about, and find a way to update my wordpress site every minute or so.. There might be a plugin somewhere to auto-update the page.

Where should i ask for hardware suggestions? I'll be needing a camera and a solution to run POE.