Which Antistatic wrist strap to get?

Walt

Hi everyone,

As the title says how much does an Antistatic wrist strap needs to cost? Is one for 1,50 euro really bad? Or does that not really matter? 

Any advise? I live in the Netherlands.

Thanks!

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

Hi everyone,

As the title says how much does an Antistatic wrist strap needs to cost? Is one for 1,50 euro really bad? Or does that not really matter? 

Any advise? I live in the Netherlands.

Thanks!

Doesn't matter, it's a very basic concept.

I would suggest the one from iFixit.

They ship to the Netherlands too.

Here's to the crazy ones...

you live in the netherlands, the climate here is so moist you can barely build static with wool socks on carpet.

if you just make sure to touch metal that's plenty.

they are a waste of money, dont get one. just ground yourself before building and you are fine. i usiually dont even do that and iv been fine

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

you dont really need one unless youre dealing with micro soldering if you are building you pc or doing work on it touching the metal chassis is enough or something else big and metal 

I lurk a lot

Make sure it's long enough (the length listed is if it was stretched to 100%, which is uncomfortable, so give it some buffer), and don't buy one where the strap is elastic.  They wear down quickly.

55 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

none of them. You do not need an anti-static wrist strap. Not even louis rossman uses an anti-static strap and he repairs macbooks that cost thousands of dollars.Just ground yourself on something metal and you will be fine.

It depends on where you live.  I repair computers for a living, and I absolutely need one.  Static is a bitch during the winters here.  Shifting in your chair can lead to getting shocked.  I ruined a motherboard because I forgot to put my wrist strap on.

During the winters I grit my teeth and slap something metal every few minutes because I know I'm going to get shocked.  It's better to have smaller ones than really big painful ones.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440