Deleted Thread shown as the most recent post to a subforum

comicsansms

I was on the main menu and saw a very obvious spam thread, so I clicked on it so I could report it, but it was already deleted. So I went back to the main page and reloaded it using F5, but that thread is still shown as the most recent addition to that sub forum.

Spoiler

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

That does happen. I'm sure they'll find  a way to sort it out. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Possibly just cache thing. It takes few mins for banned spammer account posts to disappear.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It looks like a weird combination of issues caused that bug. If it happens again, please let me know, because that topic was caught by the spam filter and should never have been exposed to regular members at all, so if it is then there is something wrong.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It looks like a weird combination of issues caused that bug. If it happens again, please let me know, because that topic was caught by the spam filter and should never have been exposed to regular members at all, so if it is then there is something wrong.

What are we using for spam filters now? Unless you don't want to disclose it so others can bypass it :P

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

What are we using for spam filters now? Unless you don't want to disclose it so others can bypass it :P

Yeah LTT made some sort of spam filter. @Ryan_Vickers told me about that the other day. It is actually a system,  not just lots of mods being online and do their jobs

just wanna mention it just happened again in general. @colonel_mortis

(adding it to this thread for the sake of organising)

7 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

not just lots of mods being online and do their jobs

i think the moderation team probably has better things to do with their jobs :P

EDIT: should clarify, "it happened in the general sub forum", not as in "it's just generally happening".

i just looked back on my screen and was like "the hell did i even type there" :P

Ah, so there's spam filters on the forums. That explains why I've been seeing less of that foreign language spam lately.

Oh and I did have some spam show up in the most recent post section for me also, about an hour ago.

EDIT: and it just happened again in at the general sub-forum.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 10:44 AM, colonel_mortis said:

I imagine both got caught in the spam filter, but they have both spilt through again.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.eac9d3483e8831854a02a377eb6bb0be.png

Untitle2d.thumb.png.e77726e0b1d349d849c0e05a48e1d009.png

This should be fixed in the next major update, but that isn't going to arrive for at least another couple of months.

HTTP/2 203