Which Monitor Display is Better???

Elastico345
Go to solution Solved by Zyndo,
4 minutes ago, Elastico345 said:

Snip

I'm confused as to the point of this poll then... it sounds like you already have everything you need?

As for what is "better"... it largely comes down to personal preference. I'm the kind of guy who does not like having more than 1 screen on his desk. I will invest in the single best monitor i can afford and enjoy that experience. I have a friend who is the opposite. He has a Frankenstein lookin desk with a half dozen different monitors in all shapes, sizes resolutions and orientations ranging from a couple months old to several years old. That's the setup he loves and makes him happy. Other guys really love 1080px3 for gaming (especially in racing or flight simulator style games). That setup is also useful for productivity as it gives you a great deal of screen real estate to work with and an easy way of dividing your work yet keeping it all on screen and easily accessible.

SO basically there is no "best" setup. Its all about what you want and what you like. Based on your description I would say keep you 1080p main screen for gaming, then get as many additional screens as you feel you need/can afford, in whatever orientation/resolution you deem useful, to make your productivity and workflow much more manageable and enjoyable.

Which Monitor Display is Better???  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Question is already in the title :)

• 3 Monitors with Different Resolution
    • 4K Monitor (1080p in DSR)
    • 1080p & 900p Monitors (Dual Monitor but in different Resolution

PC Specs :

GPU : Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

CPU : Intel Core i7 6700 (Non-K)

RAM : 16 GB of HyperX Fury Black 2133 MHz

SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB

I already bought the specs including the 1080p monitor already 6 Months ago. it's either 1080p at DSR to turn into 4K display or just lease the 1080p Resolution with the other resolution monitors.

Also i use these monitors for Video Editing, Gaming and Game modeling

There is not enough information here to give an informed vote.

1. What is the purpose of your machine? what will you be using these displays for? (gaming, productivity, media center, etc)

2. What is the hardware in your machine? not a lot of sense in spending extra on a 4k monitor if you plan on gaming with it an only have something like a GTX 1050

3. What is your budget? In certain price ranges you may opt for different solutions due to affordable monitor quality.

What is your fascination with different monitor resolutions anyway? my OCD would want them to be all the same, yet all of your options have weirdly specific and varying resolution requirements.

1 minute ago, Hip said:

What monitors are you planning to buy?

i already bought the Asus VC239 6 months ago and i was planning to set that monitor to DSR for 4K Experience. The 900p and my 720p  Monitor is just setting for a while without any use until i bought my custom PC 6 months ago.

7 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

There is not enough information here to give an informed vote.

1. What is the purpose of your machine? what will you be using these displays for? (gaming, productivity, media center, etc)

2. What is the hardware in your machine? not a lot of sense in spending extra on a 4k monitor if you plan on gaming with it an only have something like a GTX 1050

3. What is your budget? In certain price ranges you may opt for different solutions due to affordable monitor quality.

What is your fascination with different monitor resolutions anyway? my OCD would want them to be all the same, yet all of your options have weirdly specific and varying resolution requirements.

1. The Purpose my System are for gaming and for productivity such as Game modeling and video editing.

2.My system has Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, Intel Core i7 6700 (non-K) and 16 GB of HyperX Fury Black 2133 MHz

3.I Already bought the system. Of course i don't wanna abandoned My 1080p Monitor because it's a waste of my money after buying it 6 months ago. that's why i'm using it as a main monitor for DSR to 4K resolution or just leave it to 1080p with my other Resolution monitors which was seating for over few years now.

4 minutes ago, Elastico345 said:

Snip

I'm confused as to the point of this poll then... it sounds like you already have everything you need?

As for what is "better"... it largely comes down to personal preference. I'm the kind of guy who does not like having more than 1 screen on his desk. I will invest in the single best monitor i can afford and enjoy that experience. I have a friend who is the opposite. He has a Frankenstein lookin desk with a half dozen different monitors in all shapes, sizes resolutions and orientations ranging from a couple months old to several years old. That's the setup he loves and makes him happy. Other guys really love 1080px3 for gaming (especially in racing or flight simulator style games). That setup is also useful for productivity as it gives you a great deal of screen real estate to work with and an easy way of dividing your work yet keeping it all on screen and easily accessible.

SO basically there is no "best" setup. Its all about what you want and what you like. Based on your description I would say keep you 1080p main screen for gaming, then get as many additional screens as you feel you need/can afford, in whatever orientation/resolution you deem useful, to make your productivity and workflow much more manageable and enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

ok ill note that one down.. Thanks :)

7 minutes ago, Elastico345 said:

ok ill note that one down.. Thanks :)

and of course there are many different ways you can set up your monitors as well. 1080px3 isn't the only way. I was merely using that as an example since it is a rather common one. 2 monitors, 4 monitors, 12 monitors,  portrait monitors and/or landscape monitors... tons of different configurations work for tons of different people. Just do what you think will work best for you =)