what do i buy

Ashutosh Shahane

Ok 

I was just wondering what do i buy 

Console or a pc in have a 1080p bravia at my disposal so i have enough resources for a console i also got a average good speed internet connection so updating games won't be a problem but here's the downside after buying a ps4 / Xbox1 i won't have any money left with me for new games tthe scenario will be same if i go for a pc but i have a good frien d of mine who can provid e me with some games (pc games ) but of course ill have to run them in medium settings to Get smoother gameplay whereas there won't be any such compromise on quality if i get myself a ps4 so tell me what do you guys think

If you could save some money then you could buy a decent gaming PC that will be able to run games at high/ultra settings on PC. But if you cannot wait and save money then you should go for the PS4 instead.

3 minutes ago, Ashutosh Shahane said:

What's your budget/country?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

What's your budget/country?

Country india budget 30k inr

3 minutes ago, Ashutosh Shahane said:

Country india budget 30k inr

Wait to see the AM4 APUs coming in like 2-3 weeks, should offer pretty good gaming performance for the money thanks to DDR4, but we'll just have to see

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Wait to see the AM4 APUs coming in like 2-3 weeks, should offer pretty good gaming performance for the money thanks to DDR4, but we'll just have to see

Should i tell u the specs

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Ok ryzen is not in my consideration as tge CPU im going to use Pentium g4560 costs bout 6k inr and the motherboard is of 4k inr which is my total budget for motherboard and CPU combo ryzens cheapest model is priced at 100 $ which here will be about 10 k inr +5k inr for the motherboard so 50% of my budget gor the GPU is also finished if i go for ryzen 

4 hours ago, Ashutosh Shahane said:

Ok ryzen is not in my consideration as tge CPU im going to use Pentium g4560 costs bout 6k inr and the motherboard is of 4k inr which is my total budget for motherboard and CPU combo ryzens cheapest model is priced at 100 $ which here will be about 10 k inr +5k inr for the motherboard so 50% of my budget gor the GPU is also finished if i go for ryzen 

Not Ryzen, the 7th gen APUs that are coming with AM4, it's going to be slightly better overall than Last gen stuff, but a lot of gains will come from DDR4 memory, or should at least

Sometime later this year or early next year we should get Ryzen APUs, which will be 14nm and basically you could pop that in and get a boost to your CPU/GPU relatively speaking

Here's previous gen memory scaling and iGPU benchmarks, certainly not bad for integrated graphics in like a $100 USD chip, though there's no reason to buy FM2+ now

Memory scaling test with the A10 7850k
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Memory/Ultra-Speed-DDR3-Revisited-AMD-APU-Memory-Scaling/Graphics-Benchmarks

A8 7650K | CS:GO/Dota 2/SC2 benchmarks Tested With 1866Mhz RAM
http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-the-little-apu-that-could/4/

A8 7650K | Various AAA titles Tested with 2133Mhz RAM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9217/the-amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-also-new-testing-methodology/7

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Not Ryzen, the 7th gen APUs that are coming with AM4, it's going to be slightly better overall than Last gen stuff, but a lot of gains will come from DDR4 memory, or should at least

Sometime later this year or early next year we should get Ryzen APUs, which will be 14nm and basically you could pop that in and get a boost to your CPU/GPU relatively speaking

Here's previous gen memory scaling and iGPU benchmarks, certainly not bad for integrated graphics in like a $100 USD chip, though there's no reason to buy FM2+ now

Memory scaling test with the A10 7850k
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Memory/Ultra-Speed-DDR3-Revisited-AMD-APU-Memory-Scaling/Graphics-Benchmarks

A8 7650K | CS:GO/Dota 2/SC2 benchmarks Tested With 1866Mhz RAM
http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-the-little-apu-that-could/4/

A8 7650K | Various AAA titles Tested with 2133Mhz RAM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9217/the-amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-also-new-testing-methodology/7

So u mean to use the ryzen apus without any dedicated GPU 

9 hours ago, Ashutosh Shahane said:

So u mean to use the ryzen apus without any dedicated GPU 

Ryzen APUs are Raven Ridge, we don't know anything about them yet

Bristol Ridge APUs are the ones that should be launching in a few weeks, just gotta wait an see

but with DDR4 speeds, they should be more capable for gaming without a GPU

Spoiler

On 2/20/2017 at 1:26 AM, Ashutosh Shahane said:

Ok 

Console or a pc in have a 1080p bravia at my disposal so i have enough resources for a console i also got a average good speed internet connection so updating games won't be a problem but here's the downside after buying a ps4 / Xbox1 i won't have any money left with me for new games tthe scenario will be same if i go for a pc but i have a good frien d of mine who can provid e me with some games (pc games ) but of course ill have to run them in medium settings to Get smoother gameplay whereas there won't be any such compromise on quality if i get myself a ps4 so tell me what do you guys think

I would buy a PS4. The cheapest PC that's really worthwhile above a PS4 would be a Pentium G4560 + GTX 1050 Ti combo, and I don't see how you do that for less than 35k INR after playing around on in.pcpartpicker.com, unless you can save a few bucks by recycling your old hard drive and/or if you have a reliable 300W power supply you can recycle from your current system. Then by all means a G4560 + H110 board + GTX 1050 Ti system would be the way to go. But then you can't pirate PS4 games (your friend you're getting the PC games from is CPY, right? xD)

PC's are really hard to build in India with all the Insane prices around here I would suggest getting the PS4.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, Ashutosh Shahane said:

Ok 

Thats about £360 idk how its there but in the uk you can get a decent 1080p ready pc so i suggest getting a pc if you can get used part thats a bonus as normally they are cheaper.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:41 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I would buy a PS4. The cheapest PC that's really worthwhile above a PS4 would be a Pentium G4560 + GTX 1050 Ti combo, and I don't see how you do that for less than 35k INR after playing around on in.pcpartpicker.com, unless you can save a few bucks by recycling your old hard drive and/or if you have a reliable 300W power supply you can recycle from your current system. Then by all means a G4560 + H110 board + GTX 1050 Ti system would be the way to go. But then you can't pirate PS4 games (your friend you're getting the PC games from is CPY, right? xD)

Actually im getting the same rig done ie g4560 and gtx 1050 in 30k