How can i get access to some really hardcore CPU and GPU information?

AlTech

So i'm wanting to expand upon a program and add more GPU and CPU info to it.

I have no idea how to get information such as GPU Clockspeed, GPU Memory Speed, GPU fab size and a whole host of other information.

Is there any way to get this kind of info? The information I currently have about detecting GPUs and CPUs comes from WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation).

I know some companies license their hardware detection libraries to others but i'm not looking for that.  (I'm looking at your CPU-Z)

Same thing for memory detection and storage detection.

Thanks much :).

Edited by AluminiumTech
Fixed a mistake

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

GPUz? 

I'm making my own Specs Detection program. Right now I want to expand upon the amount of specs that I can display to the user.

I was wondering whether or not I need to mess with Cuda and other stuff to be able to get loads of GPU information.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm making my own Specs Detection program. Right now I want to expand upon the amount of specs that I can display to the user.

I was wondering whether or not I need to mess with Cuda and other stuff to be able to get loads of GPU information.

CUDA Z is a thing, it's under GPL, imagining it doesn't work on AMD cards naturally

http://cuda-z.sourceforge.net/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

CUDA Z is a thing, it's under GPL, imagining it doesn't work on AMD cards naturally

http://cuda-z.sourceforge.net/

Cheers.

I've emailed TechPowerup since I want to know if they'll offer the GPU-Z SDK for free of for a price.

I'm more or less looking for a library or DLL I can use rather than an application which already has it and is open source.

I looked into this a while ago as i was looking to integrate enhanced detection as well temps and what not into my game engine. Unfortunately solutions are few and far between as CPUZ sdk is the only real solution but I would rather not shell out for tool with some very limited uses. Unless you want to do a ton of nitty gritty low level c++.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

So i'm wanting to expand upon a program and add more GPU and CPU info to it.

I have no idea how to get information such as GPU Clockspeed, GPU Memory Speed, GPU fab size and a whole host of other information.

Is there any way to get this kind of info? The information I currently have about detecting GPUs and CPUs comes from WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation).

I know some companies license their hardware detection libraries to others but i'm not looking for that.  (I'm looking at your CPU-Z)

Same thing for memory detection and storage detection.

Thanks much :).

Everything you can possibly know about a CPU can be retrieved using the CPU-ID assembler instruction. I once gave a little example C++/inline assembler program in an old post: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/635593-how-do-i-get-cpu-mobo-ram-gpu-psu-info-with-c/#comment-8206653

You need to find out how to call c++ code from c# or even inline assembler in c#. I'm not a c# programmer but i'm sure both are possible.

On 20.2.2017 at 4:30 PM, Unimportant said:

Everything you can possibly know about a CPU can be retrieved using the CPU-ID assembler instruction. I once gave a little example C++/inline assembler program in an old post: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/635593-how-do-i-get-cpu-mobo-ram-gpu-psu-info-with-c/#comment-8206653

You need to find out how to call c++ code from c# or even inline assembler in c#. I'm not a c# programmer but i'm sure both are possible.

While there are some limitations to that method, you are entirely able to call C++ functions/methods from C# via p/Invoke and marshalling the results.

This article should get you going from there, while PINVOKE.NET has a nice Visual Studio PlugIn for OS functions.

However you might want to have a look at Open Hardware Monitor which is a C#-written Desktop application doing exactly you need to do. Maybe have a look at that one.