Gopro Session Saving 3 Files Per Clip

So it's always done this, but my Gopro Session saves three files per clip, a .MP4, a .THM, and a .LRV. How do I set it to just save the .MP4?

ASU

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you only need the mp4. The thm is the thumbnail and the lrv is a low res video

Yeah I know I only need the .MP4. How do I get it to just save the .MP4?

ASU

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah I know I only need the .MP4. How do I get it to just save the .MP4?

just delete the others when you put it on your system. Don't worry about the others.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

just delete the others when you put it on your system. Don't worry about the others.

Yeah that's what I've been doing for the past two months. However, some of my friends with the same camera without this issue.

ASU

23 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah that's what I've been doing for the past two months. However, some of my friends with the same camera without this issue.

It's not an issue. It is made to do this so it works better with GoPro software. You can't change it and there is no reason to.

1 minute ago, mama_fluxus said:

It's not an issue. It is made to do this so it works better with GoPro software. You can't change it and there is no reason to.

I mean I'd rather not have all those extra files, is it possible to disable it since I don't use GoPro's software (this is assuming you are referring to some desktop software that I don't know of. I do sometimes use the Capture app for fiddling with camera settings)?

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

I mean I'd rather not have all those extra files, is it possible to disable it since I don't use GoPro's software (this is assuming you are referring to some desktop software that I don't know of. I do sometimes use the Capture app for fiddling with camera settings)?

No, you can't turn it off. It takes barely any space and it's not worth worrying about.

1 hour ago, mama_fluxus said:

No, you can't turn it off. It takes barely any space and it's not worth worrying about.

Hmm, other session users I've talked to haven't had this issue, unless they didn't exactly understand what I was talking about.

ASU