Pc gaming on tv, looking for feedback

Hi everyone, I think this topic should be part of discussion forum, if so, admin please, feel free to move it.

well as I'm writing this topic I'm uploading a video to my  recently started YouTube channel (1st. video actually), well why am I talking about that video?, cause I wanted to show how my tv performs when it comes to gaming,(instead of using a monitor).

There have always been a fight about TV vs monitor, at the beginning it was hard for me to understand the difference, but with time and some research I can now tell you; yes monitors are better for PC gaming (that's obvious since monitors are created for PCs), but some TVs are too, yes, it does depends on what you need, I've been using this TV since I started playing on PC, I'm a casual gamer not looking to get into pro stuff, I mostly play to relieve stress, so the idea of a gaming chair and a desk  wasn't as comfortable as the idea of  a couch in the living room,(I'm actually working on remodeling living room to make my pc the center of attention will upload pics when I'm done) 

So what's the point of this topic? I'm mostly looking for feedback what do you guys think of what you see, video quality is not that good to upload faster, but I'm playing at 1440p using a gtx 970, I don't really feel input lag, I don't know if there's a way to test input lag if so share it please, what do you guys use?, and to try to show that some TVs could work too. so feel free to share what you think or if you have questions

video link: 

thanks for reading

I just watched your video and it looks amazing. I really couldn't recommend you anything else since what you have right now seems to be doing the job for you. Yes monitors are better for gaming. But since you're not getting into pro I doubt you really need to focus on getting anything besides your current tv.

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

2 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

I just watched your video and it looks amazing. I really couldn't recommend you anything else since what you have right now seems to be doing the job for you. Yes monitors are better for gaming. But since you're not getting into pro I doubt you really need to focus on getting anything besides your current tv.

well thanks, everything is working as expected, the only thing I'm looking to get now is a GTX 1080, but just for upgrade purpose, even though that 970 still working good, I'm looking for 1440p on games like bf1 something my 970 haven't been able to achieve but other than that I think I'm fine right now

10 hours ago, Carlospuron said:

well thanks, everything is working as expected, the only thing I'm looking to get now is a GTX 1080, but just for upgrade purpose, even though that 970 still working good, I'm looking for 1440p on games like bf1 something my 970 haven't been able to achieve but other than that I think I'm fine right now

i recommend you wait till March the second, then ask again if you should upgrade. That's when a bunch of new upgrades get released. 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

1 hour ago, VMarshall said:

Tv could break eyes if u use it all day

What do you mean by "break" ?

On 2/20/2017 at 8:40 AM, xDylanio said:

i recommend you wait till March the second, then ask again if you should upgrade. That's when a bunch of new upgrades get released. 

Ohh i didn't know that thanks