Can I trust Monoprice?

Firecheetah13

Is Monoprice a trustworthy website to buy a monitor from?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Trustworthy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know, I wouldn't risk it
    • Don't know, probably okay

Hey, just wanted to know if I could trust Monoprice to buy a 1440p monitor from, and it's about $300. I have seen things from 2010 or so about credit card issues and compromises, but I don't know about recently.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Monoprice is probably one of the safest places to buy from AFAIK. 

Well, I don't know, because I have heard of quite a few people either not getting their items or shipping taking weeks. Furthermore, as I mentioned above, many people's credit cards were getting compromised. All of this happened at least 3 years ago, so I don't know how they are doing today.

8 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Hey, just wanted to know if I could trust Monoprice to buy a 1440p monitor from, and it's about $300. I have seen things from 2010 or so about credit card issues and compromises, but I don't know about recently.

I've bought a lot from them, as for shipping taking a long time, thats nothing new when it has to go through customs and when you pay for the cheapest shipping cuz international shipping can be a bitch.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

A lot of my home theater cables are from Monoprice.

10/10

actually, i found out that one of monoprice's 3D printers is a rebrand of my "wanhao duplicator i3 plus".

with that said, i'd conclude that monoprice searches for the cheapest option that still does the job "good enough" out the box, slaps their brand on it, and makes it available at a very acceptable price.

dont expect it to be the "best monitor you ever had", but rather, expect it to be a "civilized value option".

does what it says on the box, no more, no less. no surprises, no fuss.

I bought all my home theater stuff i.e. HDMI cables, wall plates, speaker wires, gold plated connections, etc. and can say I could not be happier.

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel