I'm a traitor!

I would love to fold for LTT but EVGA pays more. I have been folding for 15 days and have $10 in EVGA bucks. Although my daily power has risen by double.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Considering that 10$ is the max payout, you can fold just enough for EVGA to pay you and then change your team. Or, stop folding altogether and use the time crunching for a Boinc project of your liking (and that's attached to the LTT team), that's option as well.

Regardless, it doesn't matter, so long as you are doing crunching.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Considering that 10$ is the max payout, you can fold just enough for EVGA to pay you and then change your team. Or, stop folding altogether and use the time crunching for a Boinc project of your liking (and that's attached to the LTT team), that's option as well.

Regardless, it doesn't matter, so long as you are doing crunching.

I love the idea of folding, but I do have to pay for electricity and wear on my components. 

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

1 minute ago, Mornincupofhate said:

They pay you actual money to fold?

Yeah, up to 10 dollars a month if you hit 3,000,000 points in a month, 5 dollars if you hit 1,500,000 points. Fairly easy to hit if you have a GTX 1060 or better.

http://www.evga.com/folding/promo.asp

The Grey Squirrel

1 minute ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Not quite, they give you credit to use in their store for the purchase of GPUs, PSUs, etc. It's not exactly free money to use, but you can still at least gather it little by little and get a big discount on your next GPU upgrade.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

21 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Not quite, they give you credit to use in their store for the purchase of GPUs, PSUs, etc. It's not exactly free money to use, but you can still at least gather it little by little and get a big discount on your next GPU upgrade.

And they have other cool things there too. I don't plan on getting anything major from them, but there are a few things for 10-60 dollars, and B-stock deals are usually good, like this 750ti for 90 dollars.

The Grey Squirrel

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

Grow a bit up and you will see that life is so much more then money

^^^ This is accurate af

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

On 2/19/2017 at 7:50 PM, Dubesta11 said:

I would love to fold for LTT but EVGA pays more.

But does EVGA hand out LTT badges? Didn't think so xD 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

3 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I'm on my way to the 30mil badge :D

Yeah you finally passed me up ... But I will be contributing to LTT again here soon so watch out ...

and @Godlygamer23 will fall further behind me than the 5 spots he is now Mwaahhahahhah .... *shrugs*

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20-2-2017 at 2:53 AM, Mornincupofhate said:

No it is money that you can spend on their EVGA website! it is not money that you can spend anywhere.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I fold for both too.  It stinks that they raised the $10 level to 4,000,000 now...guess i'll have to get the 1080 ti now...

Cpu: i5 4690K @4.5  / Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45   / Gpu: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  / Cooler:  Air / Ram:  16 GB of stuff / PSU: an overkill one / Case:  cheap / Monitor: yep...  / Drives:  ssds

13 hours ago, jimmykillerjr said:

I fold for both too.  It stinks that they raised the $10 level to 4,000,000 now...guess i'll have to get the 1080 ti now...

I noticed that myself, although even with a GTX 1060 or a RX480, that goal is very possible.

The Grey Squirrel

On 4.3.2017 at 3:48 AM, jimmykillerjr said:

Dude it is for a good cause so the more we fold the more we help research. The prices for electricity here in Germany are high so it helps my to cover a bit of my increased bill.

I like the increase.

Such a shame EVGA Rewards only apply for the US and Canada and I believe Puerto Rico......

:/ wish other companies had similar programs

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido