Can We Get an Updated Review of the H220 x2 Base/Prestige Liquid AIO Cooler?

Hey guys, this might be in the wrong sub-thread, but I could not find after searching a section for future suggestions on LTT. I was hoping that I could start a convo on getting a future review of the new H220 x2 cooler and comparison with the Prestige edition with overall comparison for popular coolers in the game now like NZXT x62/52, Thermaltake, H100i v2, etc... It would be nice to see some numbers. Everywhere I go online ONLY covers the h220 original model (v1/x1). Since they changed EVERYTHING except the water block essentially in the new model, it would be good to see how it stacks up against its older self as well as the competition. There are some negative things floating around, but nothing concrete or evidence of its performance, only build quality and they're all mixed. We need some solid information in the community on how this guy can perform. The only real differences in the prestige of course are the noiseblocker fans and the compression fittings over the barb fittings. But the fans could have a serious impact on the performance as shown in your previous review of the original h220.

Edited by b105f00d
Added suggested tags.

-Thread moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling. 

Youd have a higher chance for someone to notice if you tagged them (linustech, slick and nicklmg are your best bets). 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I second this too. Would very much like to see a review/follow up. 

It would definitely be good to debunk any negative comments floating around the web on what is otherwise possibly one of the best AIO coolers on the market.

Not getting too much support here in this thread. I was really hoping for more feedback from the community... Any help is appreciated. If we can't get a review, at minimum I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on this version of the cooler and/or their experiences with the previous x(1) model H220. I have my H220 X2 Prestige Edition on the way in from Texas this week so I will know more myself firsthand with personal experience and can provide my own two cents on the matter at that point. 

Overview of what I'm about to Experience:

Since my case is Mini ITX I was forced from using my desired AIO (NZXT x42 - x62) due to various incompatibilities all around. Found a deal for prestige at $110 and won the auction with absolutely zero effort, 1 bid, and bad luck since I bid on it thinking hey, someone will out bid me and I won't have to buy it so I can buy a used one from someone in the for sale community.

No Infinity Mirror, but I still get a bad mofo water block and expand-ability.  I may need to redo the tubing length to get the radiator upside down on top of my case due to it being the ONLY location that I can mount anything larger than 120 x 120mm. It supposedly has room for 120mm x 240mm radiator and custom loop according to the illustrations on Lian Li's website. (Model: PC-Q10)

However, I've seen some reviews that disagree with this since half of the 240mm is taken up by my PSU. But if I mount all of the fans externally and bolt everything up threw the underside of the case mesh holes I'd imagine it won't matter. There's plenty of breathing room from there.

After owning my h320 x prestige I can not recommend it due to various issues.

1. Issue not a big deal but from what I was able to get they sent out every cooler with bad fan spliter (bad soldering)

2. Zero software to control lighting or fans or pump with.

3. After about 6 months worth of use it has sprung 2 different leaks first one was at the swivel part of a connector and 2ND one happen at the pump housing I never moved the cooler or bump it in any way shape or form for it to be damaged like that.

Some it all up bad QA / QC

So from me to you I don't recommend any coolers from them or at least any AiO coolers from them.

I just received my cooler in today... 

Already disappointed....

1 of the hoses is already yellow, not a big deal since I'm replacing the hosing anyways.

There are a lot of random yellow flakes of caked like material floating in the reservoir and there are small metallic looking flakes floating in the clear hose to the pump.

Although I purchased as a New Item from eBay, it is actually a NEW and unused item. So this is not the sellers fault unless he sat there and played with the reservoir fill hole and stuck crayons and dirt into the loop before deciding to sell it.

Also, I'm new to custom loop cooling, but from what I've read the Swiftech series are filled using a special vacuum process that eliminates all residual air bubbles trapped in the loop and this entire thing is FULLLLL of air bubbles, large and small.  I have no idea how normal this is so I could be wrong. I usually run black hose AIO coolers in my rigs.

All I can say is... What the hell for $189 retail item this is pretty bad. You're right, they have terrible QC. I sent them an Email with photos and awaiting a reply.

Test fitting tonight to see if I can get away without refitting the tubing. I've also read a lot of people advise against using the custom color dyes as it can deposit and settle into sludge like contaminants. I may just go with some UV dye and redo the loop with some DI water and PT Nuke.

Yeah I just got rid of mine and went with a EKWB pre picked kit and I have to say it's extremely nice pricey but sooo nice looking and fantastic build quality.

On 22/02/2017 at 6:40 PM, b105f00d said:

I just received my cooler in today... 

Already disappointed....

1 of the hoses is already yellow, not a big deal since I'm replacing the hosing anyways.

There are a lot of random yellow flakes of caked like material floating in the reservoir and there are small metallic looking flakes floating in the clear hose to the pump.

Although I purchased as a New Item from eBay, it is actually a NEW and unused item. So this is not the sellers fault unless he sat there and played with the reservoir fill hole and stuck crayons and dirt into the loop before deciding to sell it.

Also, I'm new to custom loop cooling, but from what I've read the Swiftech series are filled using a special vacuum process that eliminates all residual air bubbles trapped in the loop and this entire thing is FULLLLL of air bubbles, large and small.  I have no idea how normal this is so I could be wrong. I usually run black hose AIO coolers in my rigs.

All I can say is... What the hell for $189 retail item this is pretty bad. You're right, they have terrible QC. I sent them an Email with photos and awaiting a reply.

Test fitting tonight to see if I can get away without refitting the tubing. I've also read a lot of people advise against using the custom color dyes as it can deposit and settle into sludge like contaminants. I may just go with some UV dye and redo the loop with some DI water and PT Nuke.

The particles floating is because the radiator needs to be cleaned before adding coolant. I personally used mayhems cleaning kit level 1(dont run their lvl 2 in the loop because the reservoir will melt) just for the rad (for 24 hours. Instructions are pretty clear anyways) then ran distilled water in the loop (pump alone with psu, to further clean and check for leaks). Changed the tubing for mayhems too with their pastel. I had the classic swiftech leak at the pump (the o-ring is often misplaced) but i fixed it with liquid epoxy.

The leak was the only problem I ever had with the x320x2 prestige but its a known issue on their coolers.

I believe EKWB are more reliable from what ive seen for slighty lower performance.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34