Gaming headphones (no mic)

MGsubbie

I'm looking for a nice set of headphones, over-ear and full-sized, it would only be used at home. I already have a mic, but my current headphones don't have good bass, explosions and gunfire sound flat. I'm looking for something that can make those sounds pop, but still offers good balance for mid and high tones. Budget would be around $100-150, but I am flexible on it.

Cloud 2's also have a removable mic. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Well, @MGsubbie has the right idea, I'd actually suggest the DT990, which is both in your price range and open back, which I find better for FPS gaming (which is, what I am guessing you're using it for since you're talking about guns and explosions). Gives it all a more natural feel.

The DT line is going to hit the bass and treble hard, so it really should make those sounds pop. However, I don't own a pair and have only tested them with music at conferences (never any games to be had at CES and crap)... But that is the general consensus as I understand it.

On amazon for 149 - so you can spend that extra dollar you save on...  wait, does anything cost a dollar anymore? :D

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Depending on what mood I'm in I switch between DT 990's (closed back) or Astro A40's, I love both