Audiophile headset

Funergy
Go to solution Solved by nicobombai,

Your choice is already good. Nowadays mobo can handle the dt990 250ohms easily as they are more sensitive compared to other headphones. Also the headphone fits your genre of music easily, although the treble can be little bit annoying for some people.

Amp/dac is not a necessity, but like you said, you can get them later if you want to.

Hello

I've looked at the recommended list of headphones but since I dont know much about headphones its a bit hard to understand the descriptions of each headphone. So it would be great if someone could assist me on this.

My price range is 125-180 Euros/Dollars

I would mostly use this for music and sometimes gaming.

I'll use a modmic 3 for voice so thats set already.

Ive had my eyes on a Beyerdynamic 990 PRO 250ohms

But I need to look at other headphones too so I dont really know what could be better than this.

Dont need wireless crap. Just a headphone with good sound quality. (over ear)

And I know openbacks are better but I dont really care about that. Ive been searching for a good headphone for already a month and at this point I dont care anymore.

Mostly for EDM, Techno, Pop

And btw I would start using this headphone without an AMP/DAC. I will see later after Ive used it for some time if I would need that.

Thanks for helping me

Your choice is already good. Nowadays mobo can handle the dt990 250ohms easily as they are more sensitive compared to other headphones. Also the headphone fits your genre of music easily, although the treble can be little bit annoying for some people.

Amp/dac is not a necessity, but like you said, you can get them later if you want to.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

On 20/02/2017 at 3:39 AM, nicobombai said:

Could you recommend me a modmic thats selling in Europe? Just of the same quality as the original ModMics

4 hours ago, Funergy said:

Could you recommend me a modmic thats selling in Europe? Just of the same quality as the original ModMics

Cmiiw, modmics are sold almost in every country in Europe. Have a look at amazon Europe. I'm quite sure there are plenty. There is only 1 modmic made by Antlion. You can ask him @AAJoe for further details.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Hey @Funergy! Thanks for checking out the ModMic. Since you didn't actually state which country in Europe... I'll just drop our where to buy link here:

https://antlionaudio.com/pages/where-to-buy

There's a handful of countries we do not have vendors for in Europe and while we try to keep the prices even for everyone, sometimes they fluctuate a bit. It's worth checking out a few different places to be sure you're getting the best deal.

Also, if your country isn't on the list come on back here and drop me a private message with your country. I'll see what I can do for you.

I think you'll be really happy with that DT990 btw! :) 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 22/02/2017 at 7:00 PM, AAJoe said:

Hey @Funergy! Thanks for checking out the ModMic. Since you didn't actually state which country in Europe... I'll just drop our where to buy link here:

https://antlionaudio.com/pages/where-to-buy

There's a handful of countries we do not have vendors for in Europe and while we try to keep the prices even for everyone, sometimes they fluctuate a bit. It's worth checking out a few different places to be sure you're getting the best deal.

Also, if your country isn't on the list come on back here and drop me a private message with your country. I'll see what I can do for you.

I think you'll be really happy with that DT990 btw! :) 

Will I be able to stick it on the grilled sides of my DT990 PRO?

43 minutes ago, Funergy said:

Will I be able to stick it on the grilled sides of my DT990 PRO?

yes

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On 19/02/2017 at 9:27 PM, Funergy said:

Hello

I've looked at the recommended list of headphones but since I dont know much about headphones its a bit hard to understand the descriptions of each headphone. So it would be great if someone could assist me on this.

My price range is 125-180 Euros/Dollars

I would mostly use this for music and sometimes gaming.

I'll use a modmic 3 for voice so thats set already.

Ive had my eyes on a Beyerdynamic 990 PRO 250ohms

But I need to look at other headphones too so I dont really know what could be better than this.

Dont need wireless crap. Just a headphone with good sound quality. (over ear)

And I know openbacks are better but I dont really care about that. Ive been searching for a good headphone for already a month and at this point I dont care anymore.

Mostly for EDM, Techno, Pop

And btw I would start using this headphone without an AMP/DAC. I will see later after Ive used it for some time if I would need that.

Thanks for helping me

Depends whether you want lots of bass with a little less detail and clarity. Or less bass with more detail and clarity.

Are you a bass heavy music listener or do you prefer listening to vocals and notes nearer the high end? :)

The DT990 are great headphones. I purchased the AKG Q901 as I'm not a bass head and they have the reference quality I was looking for in my price range.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD