Karaoke on PC

Scruffy90
Go to solution Solved by AAJoe,

@Scruffy90

Our bar uses a program called Karafun. 6 dollars for 2 days and has a pretty huge library and you won't have to hit Youtube every time and hope you pick the right one that is lyrics without backup singing etc.

https://www.karafun.com/subscribe.html

You problem is solved!

Throwing a party at my place and want to set up karaoke on my computer. In terms of hardware, I have mics that are going to be connected into an audio interface and everything is being output through my home theater system. 

I need help figuring out the software side of things. I have little to no clue whats available, what to use, and what file format these things should be in. I only know of KMplayer and using .LRC files for the lyrics. Anything else out there that may be worth a whirl?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I had a friend who used an emulation of a software from a console, I believe it was Singstar. He even had a way to add his own songs to the library (but this was a quite long process apparently).

It worked really great, but he was using the mics from the game (I think it was a Wii version)

[Insert smart comment here]

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

Youtube?

Actually, this makes a lot of sense (guess i'm over thinking this). Guess I wanted to make it feel more "authentic"

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

@Scruffy90

Our bar uses a program called Karafun. 6 dollars for 2 days and has a pretty huge library and you won't have to hit Youtube every time and hope you pick the right one that is lyrics without backup singing etc.

You problem is solved!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

1 hour ago, AAJoe said:

@Scruffy90

You problem is solved!

Do you know of any viable alternatives? Like to shop around

Sorry @Scruffy90 - Not off the top of my head. Also apologies for the delay, been swamped at work planning for Dreamhack and yesterday's announcement that we're sponsoring compLexity gaming and ... a very secret item we'll be announcing with LTT here in a couple days :D. Ugh, SO MUCH TO DO. 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!