Frosty!

hi guys,

im about to pick up 1 of these 144Hz monitors:

ASUS VG248QE

AOC G2460PF

ViewSonic XG2401

which 1 shall i BUY

and i heard that for 144Hz gaming on PC

its best to use a displayport......  Is this true?????

im currently using the EVGA 1060 3GB SC

so i can choose from

Displayport 

HDMI

DVI

DVI-D

what is best??

VALUELINE DISPLAYPORT cabel (is this a good cable)

thanks in advance

it dont matter if u use dp or hdmi as long as your monitor and gpu has the port standard that will support 144hz at 1080p or what ever res u want

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

I also want to add question to this page :D.

I wonder if there's a huge difference between 60hz and 144hz because I've never experienced it..

and I'm also looking to buy a new monitor especially for competitive games like dota 2, cs go.

and also 24 inch or 27 inch? I'm doubting too about this.. because if it's 27 inch.. wouldn't it be too difficult to move the mouse cursor? from side to side.

and also 1080p or 1440p? seems like there's no 24 inch 1440p.. or there is?? Pls do list the monitor if there is :D. (I would really appreciate it)

Thx.

I know TN sucks.. but for competitive gaming.. is it good? can't seem to find a 144hz with 1ms cheap IPS monitor..

And also imo : DisplayPort > HDMI. It's more advanced than HDMI for sure.

16 minutes ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

I wonder if there's a huge difference between 60hz and 144hz because I've never experienced it..

and I'm also looking to buy a new monitor especially for competitive games like dota 2, cs go.

and also 24 inch or 27 inch? I'm doubting too about this.. because if it's 27 inch.. wouldn't it be too difficult to move the mouse cursor? from side to side.

and also 1080p or 1440p? seems like there's no 24 inch 1440p.. or there is?? Pls do list the monitor if there is :D. (I would really appreciate it)

Thx.

I know TN sucks.. but for competitive gaming.. is it good? can't seem to find a 144hz with 1ms cheap IPS monitor..

144 > 60 massive difference.

24" > 27" 1080p small difference but u want best pixel density u can get and 24" 1080p and 27" 1440p is standard. Nothing like 144Hz CHEAP IPS exists.... U will have to pray premium for IPS which u dont need for Dota and CSGO... I have Benq XL2430T 144Hz 1080p TN and its awesome !

@Frosty! Summit1g has been using Asus VG248 for years so get that.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

6 minutes ago, Thony said:

144 > 60 massive difference.

24" > 27" 1080p small difference but u want best pixel density u can get and 24" 1080p and 27" 1440p is standard. Nothing like 144Hz CHEAP IPS exists.... U will have to pray premium for IPS which u dont need for Dota and CSGO... I have Benq XL2430T 144Hz 1080p TN and its awesome !

@Frosty! Summit1g has been using Asus VG248 for years so get that.

does your BenQ XL2430T have a built in Speaker in it? and is Built in monitor's speaker good?

3 minutes ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

does your BenQ XL2430T have a built in Speaker in it? and is Built in monitor's speaker good?

It has , I never used them, no built-in speakers are good. They all suck, just little less than the ones in your phone.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

49 minutes ago, Frosty! said:

im about to pick up 1 of these 144Hz monitors:

ASUS VG248QE

AOC G2460PF

ViewSonic XG2401

which 1 shall i BUY

Personal preference, I'd go for the ASUS one but thats really up to you and you wont really notice any metionable disadvatages of chosing one over the other. 

and i heard that for 144Hz gaming on PC

its best to use a displayport......  Is this true?????

Quality wise there is no difference. Actually there cant be one, as HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI-D are all digital connections. Altough DisplayPort for example in theory has a higher bandwith than HDMI and DVI-D. But that does not matter as 1080p@144hz does not need that much Banwith. So the only reason its best is that you cant really do something wrong with DisplayPort but with HDMI and DVI-D you can, because there is a lot of different versions of both, which means they are easy to confuse.

so i can choose from

Displayport 

HDMI

DVI

DVI-D

what is best??

Depends on what Monitor you pick: 

The Asus one supports 144hz@1080 via DisplayPort and DVI-D. Im not sure about HDMI, but that does not matter, as it ships with a DVI-D Cable that is perfectly fine of running 1080p@144hz. Your graphics card is btw also capable of this.

The AOC one first of all does NOT support 1080@144hz via HDMI. So here only DisplayPort and DVI-D are an option. It also ships with both a DVI-D cable and a DisplayPort one. It seriously makes no difference at all (with your config) which of both you use here.

The ViewSonic XG2401 does not come with a DVI-D port at all but ships with a DisplayPort cable so thats the smartest option here. With this one im also not even sure if it supports 1080@144hz over HDMI at all .

39 minutes ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

Oh Yes there is! Trust me! :) 

and also 24 inch or 27 inch? I'm doubting too about this.. because if it's 27 inch.. wouldn't it be too difficult to move the mouse cursor?

Personal Preference this has nothing to do with how long it takes to move your cursor as the amount of pixels your Curser has to travel "through" remains the same if both the 24" and the 27" are running @1080p

seems like there's no 24 inch 1440p.. or there is?? Pls do list the monitor if there is :D. (I would really appreciate it)

BenQ BL2420PT

ASUS VX24AH

AOC Agon AG241QX

Acer G7 G247HYUsmidp

Dell Professional P2416D

Note that those are not 144 hz though but there also is 24" 1440p 144hz monitors:
AOC Agon AG241QX

Dell S2417DG

and also 1080p or 1440p?

You've gotta know that. I can only tell you that 1080p really is enough for a 24" monitor regarding gaming. Besides that you have to keep in mind that if you double your resolution your grapics card will need to have more power to render that or the game will not run as smooth.

I know TN sucks.. but for competitive gaming.. is it good?

It's not that big of a difference for gaming. Really only if youre into Photo/video editing related stuff or really really into professional E-sports like gaming, but then on the other hand you wouldnt ask for a cheap one.

can't seem to find a 144hz with 1ms cheap IPS monitor..

As far as i know there isnt really a lot of 144hz 1ms monitors overall. No matter if IPS or no. Besides that you really really dont need that 1ms response time. Distinguishing Between 1ms and 4ms response time is really hard for most people :)

Hope this helped you guys out a bit. If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

It has , I never used them, no built-in speakers are good. They all suck, just little less than the ones in your phone.

so what audio are you using while gaming and also while relaxing like watching videos and sort of like that..

do you use headphones all the time? or you have another speakers..

I also wonder which speaker to buy :D.. cause I know nothing about audio.

Thanks btw.

1 minute ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

so what audio are you using while gaming and also while relaxing like watching videos and sort of like that..

do you use headphones all the time? or you have another speakers..

I also wonder which speaker to buy :D.. cause I know nothing about audio.

Thanks btw.

I only use headphones. For speakers shopping I would use youtube so I can hear how the speakers sound (did that 2 years ago and some 45 euro speakers for music, was pretty satisfied with them).

10 minutes ago, Glibber4 said:

Personal preference, I'd go for the ASUS one but thats really up to you and you wont really notice any metionable disadvatages of chosing one over the other. 

Quality wise there is no difference. Actually there cant be one, as HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI-D are all digital connections. Altough DisplayPort for example in theory has a higher bandwith than HDMI and DVI-D. But that does not matter as 1080p@144hz does not need that much Banwith. So the only reason its best is that you cant really do something wrong with DisplayPort but with HDMI and DVI-D you can, because there is a lot of different versions of both, which means they are easy to confuse.

Depends on what Monitor you pick: 

The Asus one supports 144hz@1080 via DisplayPort and DVI-D. Im not sure about HDMI, but that does not matter, as it ships with a DVI-D Cable that is perfectly fine of running 1080p@144hz. Your graphics card is btw also capable of this.

The AOC one first of all does NOT support 1080@144hz via HDMI. So here only DisplayPort and DVI-D are an option. It also ships with both a DVI-D cable and a DisplayPort one. It seriously makes no difference at all (with your config) which of both you use here.

The ViewSonic XG2401 does not come with a DVI-D port at all but ships with a DisplayPort cable so thats the smartest option here. With this one im also not even sure if it supports 1080@144hz over HDMI at all .

Oh Yes there is! Trust me! :) 

Personal Preference this has nothing to do with how long it takes to move your cursor as the amount of pixels your Curser has to travel "through" remains the same if both the 24" and the 27" are running @1080p

BenQ BL2420PT

ASUS VX24AH

AOC Agon AG241QX

Acer G7 G247HYUsmidp

Dell Professional P2416D

Note that those are not 144 hz though but there also is 24" 1440p 144hz monitors:
AOC Agon AG241QX

Dell S2417DG

You've gotta know that. I can only tell you that 1080p really is enough for a 24" monitor regarding gaming. Besides that you have to keep in mind that if you double your resolution your grapics card will need to have more power to render that or the game will not run a smooth.

It's not that big of a difference for gaming. Really only if youre into Photo/video editing related stuff or really really into professional E-sports like gaming, but then on the other hand you wouldnt ask for a cheap one.

As far as i know there isnt really a lot of 144hz 1ms monitors overall. No matter if IPS or no. Besides that you really really dont need that 1ms response time. Distinguishing Between 1ms and 4ms response time is really hard for most people :)

Hope this helped you guys out a bit. If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers

Thank you again. 

btw.. Should I go for the 1080p 144hz monitor or the 1440p but 60hz monitor?

looks like the 24" 1440p 144hz monitors aren't available yet in my country..or should I just wait for the 24" 1440p 144hz monitor?

And also is it worth it to buy a 24" 1440p monitor? because it will look so small in 24" instead of the 27" , but in the other hand 27" is just too big hahaha for my eyes to look around hahaha.. in moba games.. (I think). except if I downscale the resolution.

and I'm using gtx 1060 6gb.. 

1 hour ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

Should I go for the 1080p 144hz monitor or the 1440p but 60hz monitor?

Honestly I'd go for 1080p 144hz over a 1440p 60hz every day. I'd even go for a 1080p 144hz over a 4k 60hz. In the end it comes down to personal preference but i can assure you that once youre used to a 144hz monitor you will never want to use a 60hz one again (At least for fast paced games like cs:go or something similar). But in reality you will actually feel the difference even when youre only moving your cursor on your desktop. Even that feels so much more fluid than with 60hz.

looks like the 24" 1440p 144hz monitors aren't available yet in my country..or should I just wait for the 24" 1440p 144hz monitor?

Those monitors cost a lot more than 1080p 144hz monitors. Besides that i wouldnt be too sure that they ever will be available in your country. There is soon gonna be 4k144hz monitors and then there really isnt a lot of reason to sell 1440 144hz monitors anymore. Especially as those have, as far as i know, never been super popular. (Except for ultrawide and curved ones) 
I personally wouldn't wait.

And also is it worth it to buy a 24" 1440p monitor? because it will look so small in 24" instead of the 27" , but in the other hand 27" is just too big hahaha for my eyes to look around hahaha.. in moba games.. (I think). except if I downscale the resolution.

Honestly i don't like 27" screens at all. Imo they are too big even if youre just browsing the web. They way my setup is, I actually have to turn my head a good bit to go from bottom left to top right, especially with multiple screens. But maybe you'd have a different experience with this. That really depends on your setup and, i have to say it once more, personal preference. :) Btw. i found it super annoying in League to play on a 27" monitor, particularly, if youre used to smaller screens in League.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Glibber4 said:

Is it also better to go with the ASUS VG248QE from the 3 monitors above of OP mentioned?

I'm using nvidia too btw.. and this monitor supports nvidia 3d vision.. but what is 3d vision. Do I even need them? Sry for asking this..

I don't seem to be needing the feeesync of the monitor.. or should I get a freesync monitor for the future amd gpu??

and thx.

46 minutes ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

Is it also better to go with the ASUS VG248QE from the 3 monitors above of OP mentioned?

I'm using nvidia too btw.. and this monitor supports nvidia 3d vision.. but what is 3d vision. Do I even need them? Sry for asking this..

I don't seem to be needing the feeesync of the monitor.. or should I get a freesync monitor for the future amd gpu??

and thx.

IMO the XG2401 is a better option than the VG248QE, it's newer and takes 144 Hz over DisplayPort or HDMI, which gives a bit more flexibility than DP and DVI on the VG248QE (it has HDMI but doesn't take 144 Hz over that). The XG2401 is also usually cheaper.

If you're using NVIDIA then you can just ignore the FreeSync feature and consider it just like any other normal monitor. FreeSync doesn't add anything to the cost so it's alright if you don't use it.

28 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

IMO the XG2401 is a better option than the VG248QE, it's newer and takes 144 Hz over DisplayPort or HDMI, which gives a bit more flexibility than DP and DVI on the VG248QE (it has HDMI but doesn't take 144 Hz over that). The XG2401 is also usually cheaper.

If you're using NVIDIA then you can just ignore the FreeSync feature and consider it just like any other normal monitor. FreeSync doesn't add anything to the cost so it's alright if you don't use it.

Thx and does the asus monitor have more benefit since it has the nvidia 3d vision.. or actually nvidia 3d vision is not useful I mean less impact. (Meaning that It won't be used eitther)

Anyway I'm going to use DP on the next monitor.

9 hours ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

Thx.

monitor size dont affact mouse movement only resolution a 1080p 20" and 40" will both move the mouse the same distance just on the 40" everythin would be massive as pixal per inch would be a metric shit ton lower then the 20"

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

9 hours ago, Adrian Hartanto said:

Thx.

monitor size dont affact mouse movement only resolution a 1080p 20" and 40" will both move the mouse the same distance just on the 40" everythin would be massive as pixal per inch would be a metric shit ton lower then the 20"

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

the only 144hz 1440p 1ms freesync monitor that i can find is £450 coz its the one am buyin or 4k i cant pick ahhh

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)