Pc sounds like a wind turbine

Dalynx

hey guys, so after a few months of having the fans i have i can't take it anymore, its so so so loud, and i just need to know is their an easy way to fix this without buying like an £80 silent fan pack, while i'm at it the heatsink is pretty goddamn loud too, its a stock intel one though so i guess i can't really get triggered by that aye. The fans i currently have are 3 of these.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-series-af120-led-purple-quiet-edition-high-airflow-120mm-fan-twin-pack

My specs are a gtx 1080, an i7 6700k and a razer nzxt case (if you need any other specs in order to help just say.

Also if it turns out i can't fix the fans with a fairly budget solution please comment any fans that you know that are insanely quiet.

Please excuse my voice xD  

How loud is a "wind turbine" for you? Can you show us a clip? Also, is this at load or idle?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

How loud is a "wind turbine" for you? Can you show us a clip? Also, is this at load or idle?

idle and load are basically the same, and i'll try to get you a clip depending on how well it records

sometimes it can help to put rubber on the mounting points of the fans, so that vibrations are not transferred to the case. maybe you can also change the fan curve in the BIOS or something, I don't really know how that works

1 minute ago, stefanDB said:

sometimes it can help to put rubber on the mounting points of the fans, so that vibrations are not transferred to the case. maybe you can also change the fan curve in the BIOS or something, I don't really know how that works

i suck at bios stuff haha, also two of the fans are plugged into the case

2 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

i suck at bios stuff haha, also two of the fans are plugged into the case

Fans are either plugged directly to the PSU or to the motherboard... unless your case has its own built in fan controller.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Clip just uploading to youtibe now and i'll link it in

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Fans are either plugged directly to the PSU or to the motherboard... unless your case has its own built in fan controller.

not a clue mate i just know i plug 2 of the 3 into the case non windowed side panel, i'm not really a pc genius so i don't really love searching around to see where those cables go

msi after burner? and bios the cpu fan?

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

1 minute ago, CatXice said:

msi after burner? and bios the cpu fan?

you can do fan control through afterburner, da fucckk

you can do fan control through afterburner, da fucckk

*facepalm* thats 90% of the program

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

13 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

*facepalm* thats 90% of the program

i only knew it as an oc software 

1 minute ago, Dalynx said:

i only knew it as an oc software 

ye but u need to cool the oc haha

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

ye but u need to cool the oc haha

would you mind guiding me on how to use the software to shut them up :)

Nice vid :)

Anyways, I think that's just how loud the Corsair fans you have are. Do you want suggestions for different fans?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

also i have a good 1 i have a pair of corsair led fans but its the air pullin though my case that makes the noise if i lift the fan up its quiet (there quiet fans) this only happens on 1 fan so ye check that just have the fans runnin and try moving it away from the case if its quiet slow them down or move it to some were there is less vents in front of the fan

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Nice vid :)

Anyways, I think that's just how loud the Corsair fans you have are. Do you want suggestions for different fans?

that's disgustingly loud considering the temps aren't that amazing, yea if i can't shut em up they need to go

1 minute ago, Dalynx said:

that's disgustingly loud considering the temps aren't that amazing, yea if i can't shut em up they need to go

Well, you could always adjust the fan curve, but I don't know what software to use or how to do it.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Well, you could always adjust the fan curve, but I don't know what software to use or how to do it.

apparently afterburner can do it, who knew

for case fans jump into yr bios and there will be a fan section and if u look in yr MB mannul u can see what the headers are called for the case fans and they in the bios just edit the fan curve for them if there pvm fans (4pin connector) or dc 3 pin on dc fans just set a fixed speed were its quiet enough for u honestly i am on my first gamin pc and the first time i jumped into the bios (never been in a bios before) its not scary at all and very straight forward  

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

for case fans jump into yr bios and there will be a fan section and if u look in yr MB mannul u can see what the headers are called for the case fans and they in the bios just edit the fan curve for them if there pvm fans (4pin connector) or dc 3 pin on dc fans just set a fixed speed were its quiet enough for u honestly i am on my first gamin pc and the first time i jumped into the bios (never been in a bios before) its not scary at all and very straight forward  

I'll have to reconnect my fans first as like i say 2 aren't in the mobo , thanks for the help though ;)  

1 hour ago, Dalynx said:

I'll have to reconnect my fans first as like i say 2 aren't in the mobo , thanks for the help though ;)  

are they in a fan controller?

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

19 minutes ago, CatXice said:

are they in a fan controller?

i don't think so

21 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

i don't think so

then your playing chase the cable

check there isnt a switch on the case somewere for one and check the mannual for yr case to see were the cables go and were they plug into the mb

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)