3 minutes ago, nick2017 said:

This is the CPU in my computer that I bought last year for £320:

SYU.png

It's good for the price.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

For gaming, not really. For daily use, should be fine.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Depends what you do with it.

If it's for normal use like browsing the web, it's fine.

Maybe casual gaming 720p 30fps at low is possible.

If that's what you do with it, yea it's fine.

If you want to use it for a decent gaming rig, then no it's not good.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

It's good for the price.

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

For gaming, not really. For daily use, should be fine.

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Depends what you do with it.

If it's for normal use like browsing the web, it's fine.

Maybe casual gaming 720p 30fps at low is possible.

If that's what you do with it, yea it's fine.

If you want to use it for a decent gaming rig, then no it's not good.

When I record with OBS at 480p at 20fps, I get this warning:

uAW.png

2 minutes ago, nick2017 said:

uAW.png

CPU is fine for daily use. Not so much for much else.

uAW.png

Yea that's no surprise, your cpu is barely capable of rendering the game of 20fps, let alone encoding it at the same time.

You need much more cpu power to decently record gameplay and having an ok-ish gaming experience.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, nick2017 said:

uAW.png

Naturally, because the CPU is strained. If it fits your purpose, then it's likely fine. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

this CPU is fine for something that does light tasks, web browsing, chatting, document wrighting, ect... its going to be shit for playing games

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Naturally, because the CPU is strained. If it fits your purpose, then it's likely fine. 

7 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yea that's no surprise, your cpu is barely capable of rendering the game of 20fps, let alone encoding it at the same time.

You need much more cpu power to decently record gameplay and having an ok-ish gaming experience.

8 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

CPU is fine for daily use. Not so much for much else.

Which cpu is good for under £100 with  ‎BGA769 socket (I think it is)?

1 minute ago, nick2017 said:

Which cpu is good for under £100 with  ‎BGA769 socket (I think it is)?

None, because you can't replace a cpu that uses BGA, it's soldered to the motherboard.

Even if it's LGA, there are no good options. The platform is old and outdated and even if that wasn't the case, you need more than £100 for a decent cpu that can handle gaming and encoding...

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

None, because you can't replace a cpu that uses BGA, it's soldered to the motherboard.

Even if it's LGA, there are no good options. The platform is old and outdated and even if that wasn't the case, you need more than £100 for a decent cpu that can handle gaming and encoding...

Would I have to buy a new motherboard and psu to get a new cpu?

1 minute ago, nick2017 said:

Would I have to buy a new motherboard and psu to get a new cpu?

Depends what PSU you have, what pc is it? I'm assuming at this point it's an OEM one which could mean you need a different case because it's not designed to an ATX or ITX standard. 

And yes the motherboard will need to be replaced if you want a decent new cpu. Also very likely the memory will need to be replaced as well, it's probably DDR3 and most motherboards today use DDR4. You can't use DDR3 on a DDR4 motherboard or the other way round.

12 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Depends what PSU you have, what pc is it? I'm assuming at this point it's an OEM one which could mean you need a different case because it's not designed to an ATX or ITX standard. 

And yes the motherboard will need to be replaced if you want a decent new cpu. Also very likely the memory will need to be replaced as well, it's probably DDR3 and most motherboards today use DDR4. You can't use DDR3 on a DDR4 motherboard or the other way round.

I don't think it has a PSU, the connector is right next to the other audio and usb ports

yKF.png

I don't think it has a PSU, the connector is right next to the other audio and usb ports

-snip-

Yeah that's a proprietary thing. I would suggest selling the complete PC and starting from scratch. That's by far the easiest and maybe cheapest option.