'accessory' monitor

tbc

I have a very small desk, so I'm forced to stack my stuff as vertically as possible.  I want to use a second monitor to hold my debugger window when programming, but I don't have room to place a second monitor to the side of my main one.

I'm looking for a 10"-13" 16:9 768p+ monitor that is like this:

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=90247&vpn=MB168B&manufacture=ASUS

I can place it underneath my current monitor and everything is dandy.  what is wrong with the above monitor?  The stand is too big and the panel itself is too big (it will cover part of my main screen).  basically, I want a surface RT that is just a monitor with no guts inside.

panel quality can be as low as TN, but no worse than macbook 2010 quality.  I'm sure I'm the only person with these requirements, but any suggestions?

1366x768 IS THE DEVIL

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Monitor stand.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

that's what i'm using to get first monitor in place....

i know everybody is going to keep saying this.  but it just won't work no matter how much you insist.  just FYI, i use a nuc because that's appropriate size computer for the amount of space i have(fits underneath my monitor)....

768p is indeed the devil, but I really don't believe a 1080p 10" monitor exists (although the technology for it totally does)

that's what i'm using to get first monitor in place....

i know everybody is going to keep saying this.  but it just won't work no matter how much you insist.  just FYI, i use a nuc because that's appropriate size computer for the amount of space i have(fits underneath my monitor)....

768p is indeed the devil, but I really don't believe a 1080p 10" monitor exists (although the technology for it totally does)

You can get monitor stands with 2 or more arms, that way you can position the monitors as you like (ie with one rotated sideways to take up less space).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

there is no space to the left or right of the desk for the monitor to 'hover' in.  that's why I have to stack things vertically.

there is no space to the left or right of the desk for the monitor to 'hover' in.  that's why I have to stack things vertically.

You can do that as well with a monitor stand.

there is no monitor with a vesa mount small enough to fit between my primary monitor and the desk.

if its bigger than 13”, then I will need to raise my primary monitor and keep my head looking 45 degrees into the air whenever I'm using my primary.

there is no monitor with a vesa mount small enough to fit between my primary monitor and the desk.

if its bigger than 13”, then I will need to raise my primary monitor and keep my head looking 45 degrees into the air whenever I'm using my primary.

Put the accessory monitor above the primary.

nope.  it will conflict with the top shelf of the desk.  not to mention neck pain for repeatedly looking up and down - totally different than from looking straight to looking down.

not to mention my primary is a 27" monitor.  so the accessory has to go quite high up.