Major help needed

Go to solution Solved by Doubledteam1,
13 hours ago, rm -rf said:

How are you turning on the computer?

A power button or bridging the two pins with a screwdriver?

Do fans turn on when you do this?

Move to different sub-forum? @Ryan_Vickers

i have it in the case using the power buttons and all the fans power on at full speed and just stay there if it doesnt post. i have left it in that state for 10-20 minutes before to see if the post is just taking forever.

so i bought a bunch of used parts to build a computer. i got it up and running with windows and drivers installed and running stable (i even had firestrike extreme running). i didnt connect the front audio header as it wasnt a standard connection so i decided to turn off the computer and take a look. i didnt get any big changes and decided to just plug it back in and run some more tests. now it wont post. ive disconnected the graphics card, put two sticks, then one, then a completely new set of 100% functioning ram in, disconnected the hdd, changed the power supply, disconnect all fans, change the battery on the motherboard (the guy told me to try to remove it and put it back in if it isnt working which was an immediate red flag for me but i chose to ignore it). in the process of all this it posted like 5 out of 100+ attempts then it shows " PXE-E61 Media Test Failure " which i assume was just because of the fact that the hard-drive was one of the first things i always disconnected. i always mentally kept track of things that i did to try and get it to post and it would always post to me doing something different to the computer. it was never the same or consistent in anyway. the only two things i havent changed out for new parts are the motherboard and the cpu and need to know which one has the problem. my guess is the motherboard. 

3 minutes ago, Doubledteam1 said:

so i bought a bunch of used parts to build a computer. i got it up and running with windows and drivers installed and running stable (i even had firestrike extreme running). i didnt connect the front audio header as it wasnt a standard connection so i decided to turn off the computer and take a look. i didnt get any big changes and decided to just plug it back in and run some more tests. now it wont post. ive disconnected the graphics card, put two sticks, then one, then a completely new set of 100% functioning ram in, disconnected the hdd, changed the power supply, disconnect all fans, change the battery on the motherboard (the guy told me to try to remove it and put it back in if it isnt working which was an immediate red flag for me but i chose to ignore it). in the process of all this it posted like 5 out of 100+ attempts then it shows " PXE-E61 Media Test Failure " which i assume was just because of the fact that the hard-drive was one of the first things i always disconnected. i always mentally kept track of things that i did to try and get it to post and it would always post to me doing something different to the computer. it was never the same or consistent in anyway. the only two things i havent changed out for new parts are the motherboard and the cpu and need to know which one has the problem. my guess is the motherboard. 

moved to troubleshooting

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Doubledteam1 said:

Intel might be able to help

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005740.html

13 hours ago, rm -rf said:

i have it in the case using the power buttons and all the fans power on at full speed and just stay there if it doesnt post. i have left it in that state for 10-20 minutes before to see if the post is just taking forever.