Can IPC Decrease Over Time?

I built my PC in June of last year with a GTX 960 4 gig and a FX 4350. Back when I started, It performed very well. Now though it appears to have slowed down significantly. the same games (GTA V, ROTR, The Witcher 3, etc.) perform worse with the same graphics settings. When I look at the Afterburner overlay it shows my CPU at or near 100% all the time, however when I go into task manager it shows only the game I am playing as any significant draw. This did not used to happen, so the question is: What would affect my CPU to make it perform worse in the same conditions?

Full parts list:

128 gig ADATA SSD

750 gig Caviar Blue HDD

Cooler Master Hyper T2

EVGA 600 Watt Bronze PSU

MSI 970A-G43 Plus Mobo

FX 4350

GTX 960 4 gig

7 minutes ago, JBGRACEGOO said:

I built my PC in June of last year with a GTX 960 4 gig and a FX 4350. Back when I started, It performed very well. Now though it appears to have slowed down significantly. the same games (GTA V, ROTR, The Witcher 3, etc.) perform worse with the same graphics settings. When I look at the Afterburner overlay it shows my CPU at or near 100% all the time, however when I go into task manager it shows only the game I am playing as any significant draw. This did not used to happen, so the question is: What would affect my CPU to make it perform worse in the same conditions?

Full parts list:

128 gig ADATA SSD

750 gig Caviar Blue HDD

Cooler Master Hyper T2

EVGA 600 Watt Bronze PSU

MSI 970A-G43 Plus Mobo

FX 4350

GTX 960 4 gig

Bogged down Windows install, virus? Tons of things that can go wrong.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

2 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

nope IPC is instruction per clock, it won't go down over time. as tech improve IPC will also improve, making older chip seem slow. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope IPC is instruction per clock, it won't go down over time. as tech improve IPC will also improve, making older chip seem slow. 

True, but I doubt that's his issue. If his PC is noticeably slower than it used to be, its not just placebo.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

10 minutes ago, JBGRACEGOO said:

-SNIP-

The IPC of the hardware itself no, that shouldn't change from the day you got it but as mentioned through bloated software and such can cause other problems. 

2 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

True, but I doubt that's his issue. If his PC is noticeably slower than it used to be, its not just placebo.

i was answering his question on the title about ipc  

5 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

I would say this as well but everything else is still snappy, While on my desktop and in chrome utilization never goes above 20%, it is just in games where the slowdown happens.